1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Manny Ramirez] How much of a Music Snob Are You?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SwoLy-D, Apr 16, 2014.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Quiz:
    How Much of a Music Nerd/Snob are you?

Please take a break from alphabetizing your vinyl collection and take this quiz.

My Results:
    I disagree. I checked off many, but they never said anything about music in Spanish... Bronco, Pesado, Ramón Ayala, Vicente Fernández, etc., etc. :cool:

I definitely keep the right metadata on my MP3's.

What's YOUR score?? :confused:

2. Spooner

Spooner Member

You checked off 64 out of 100 on this list!
    Warner Bros.
    Music is unquestionably the main focus of your life, and you spend a huge amount of time and money on your obsessions. A lot of people are in awe of you.

There were some questions I was on the fence so I didn't check because I wanted to be absolutely fair.

In any case, I am THE music snob of Clutchfans. If anyone chooses to take me up on that, you are making a grave mistake. Ive already pissed off half the board with my ideals. :cool:

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Name the first Album produced on compact disc in the United States. :eek: Then name the last album produced in 8-track.

4. DwightHoward13

8 out of 100. I live a well-balanced lifestyle

5. Spooner

Spooner Member

Hmmmm United States.

Very tricky because the first compact disc came a few years before hand. Richard Strauss's Eine Alpensinfonie played by the Berlin Philharmonic was the first CD ever released. I could talk about Strauss for days. In the realm of pop music, Billy Joel I believe was first but that was produced in Japan. I'm going to have to go with (ironically enough) Bruce Springsteen's Born in the USA. However, I'm not much of a popular music fan. (too much of a snob, although I do respect Springsteen compared to what we are stuck with today in the popular realm.)

As for the last 8 track, although by 82 they were getting phased out, I think the consensus is fleetwood mac's greatest hits. (1988) In terms of a non greatest hit album, Im going on a limb with Stevie Ray Vaughn's Texas Flood. One of my all time favorite guitarists and a huge influence on my own musical appreciation and development as a teenager.

6. Spooner

Spooner Member

Who was the first artist to use tape? Which artists were the first to compose electronic music? What system of music did Arnold Schoenberg create and which composers did he influence most? Steve Reich began which trend in contemporary music? What is the Golden Section in 16th century music and art?
    Who was the first composer ever? How did pre notation humans read music? Who was the first Jazz artist? Who was the first bop artist? Name 10 ten musical geniuses in the last century. (no not Kanye West. Please god.)

7. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

81/100

paging mr. brightside…

8. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

40/100. I don't like to go to big music festivals and my wife and I have had a decade long vinyl Cold War that has prohibited me from having that need sated (after spending so much on my normal system I wanted a separate vinyl system in a separate room...with wood paneling).

I laughed at the "brain lock" when asked about favorite music. I get asked that all the time and can't ever respond so I just say "a lot of stuff" which usually kills the music conversation. It is a terrible question, though.

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

32, but I have been at this a long time

10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

They told me I had no shame!....:(

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

So I can gets gf now, yes?

12. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I got 21 but it would have been a much higher score if the questions were limited to 8-trac, cassette, album technology.

Music today sucks.

13. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I ended up with 49 - I tried to give up being a music snob years ago..still working on it

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Being a fan of obscure heavy metal bands, I checked off more than I thought I would.

IPSAC got the hookup for you breh

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I got 27, but most of the stuff I checked I haven't actually done since the 90's or earlier.

16. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

double post fml

17. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

this doesnt count?

45 of 100