1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man I hope Lebron James will live up to the expectations

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by carayip, Mar 19, 2003.

1. carayip

carayip Member

... for the sake of the NBA, the team drafting him and most importantly the kid himself. With the amount of hype he's generated right now, it looks like anything short of a HOF career plus at least a couple of rings (remember Ewing's bashed in his whole career for failing to winning a championship for NY despite having a HOF career) will be considered big disappointment.

2. bajabill

bajabill Member

Interesting and Amazing.....but, I just can't buy the hype....it may be true, but I can't buy it. If LeBron turns out to be as good as a T-MAC or Kobe I would be surprised....not amazed, but surely surprised.....but, I can say the same for Darko...if Darko turns out to be as good as Duncan I would be surprised....not amazed, but surely surprised.......Kobe/T-MAC or Duncan, Kobe/T-MAC or Duncan????????? 2 possible franchise players and the GM picking first can't be wrong..........oh, and Marko just put up 37pts(17/19 3/4) 9rbs 9assts in 30min....in an early round Fiba cup game.... Kobe/T-MAC or Duncan, Kobe/T-MAC or Duncan......hey, how come there are 2 swing men and only one big???????? And the MVP was who???????

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Darko is the next Dirk.

4. bajabill

bajabill Member

From what I read he is definitely not Dirk and not Pau....he is already a low post threat(at 17) and his handling and outside skills are just in addition....whereas Dirk is still trying to get there....no a more athletic Duncan or a KG that likes and can play in the post....that is what I get coming from europe.....Darko thinks the KG side is favored and scouts think Duncan side is favored......I love Dirk, but anyone pasing on this 17 year old is fooling themselves if they they have settled on the Dirk analogy.... Tim Garnett or Kevin Duncan....then the "easy" disappears......scouts had better do their homework.

5. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

Man i hope LeBron and Millicic get drafted by eastern conference teams. We need some balance in the NBA again because this is pathetic. The East is just a joke.

Imagine if LeBron gets drafted and leads his team to the finals in his rookie year, i am not saying winning it but just go to the big dance. What would be the reaction.

Man how many "the next Jordan" are we gonna get. First it was Grant Hill, Kobe, Vince, and now James. Enough already.

6. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

I'm not convinced James will live up to the hype. However, in a truly just world LeBron needs to be a Cavalier next fall. IMO, this is the best scenario for the league...both the Cavs (whom I believe are for sale) and the EC need him.

As a bonus for local fans, Gund Arena is about a 30 minute drive from Akron.

7. acejeff5

acejeff5 Member

remember how he said he will refuse to play for cleveland cavaliers, that still true?

8. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

I have never seen this in print. The NBA fined Lucas and the Cavs for inviting him to a workout of some sort.

9. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

A workout in which he supposedly dominated the Cavs.

The kid is the real deal.