1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leehoang

leehoang Member

I'd rather have Pig Miller over Karl Malone.

2. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

Come on, people! You claim yourself as a true Rockets fan, a true Rockets fan should be willing to do everything to help the Rockets get better.
    Everybody knows that Malone can be a perfect fit for the Rockets, he plays good defence, is a leader, and has lots of playoff experience.
    We are weak at 4 spot, Malone can offer everything we need and he doesn't demand huge money.

Why not try to accept him?

3. DaneB

DaneB Member

What do you all think about Bill Laimbeer? Do you guys think he disgraced the game too? Just wondering...

PRETTY MUCH :D

As far as most disliked Jazz players I think I disliked John Stockton the most because he flopped so much. I think I disliked that more than anything that they did. I don't really hate Malone, but he really pissed me off at times. There was this one time that Malone completely took out Jermaine O'Neal when he played on the Blazers and that completely pissed me off (he must have been a rookie). It also pissed me off when he hit Kleine and messed up his face and then when he hit David Robinson. The reason I wouldn't mind to get him in Houston would be because he could put those elbows to work helping out Yao. I mean if you guys can come up with another player that could be a better enforcer at PF, then I would probably rather do that. One of the few things that you have to give him credit for is the work puts in at the weight room staying in shape. Its extremely rare for somebody his age to be in that kind of shape.

Anyway I think I'll leave you guys with a smile...

[​IMG]

4. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Sounds like someone needs to stop ridin Karlas balls

5. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Would you ever accept Kermit Washington on this team if it meant he could possibly in some way in theory help towards a championship, but ofcourse not gaurantee it?

6. Sane

Sane Member

To be quite honest, I'd be very dissapointed if Les and CD both didn't hate Malone. I expect them to hide it, but I think deep down they should hate alone, otherwise they don't bleed the Rockets red that the Rockets organization should.

He would get booed by his team, and no one in this entire thread can argue against that. It is NEVER good to get booed by your own team, especially when you're trying to boost attendeance.

7. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

As a Houston Rockets fan, there are two reasons to follow NBA basketball:

1. To root for the Rockets
    2. To enjoy the hell out of Karl Malone, the most hated player to ever play the game, missing one more chance at a ring.

When Malone retires, we'll be down to just rooting for the Rockets. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the hell out of watching him cry at each season's end.

No matter what talent we have on this team, no matter who we bring, we would never win with Malone on our team. Jesus knows. And though I seriously doubt he follows sports, there's no way he lets an cheating ******* like Malone retire with a ring. No way.

Can anyone explain how this thread rated two stars? Seems like a lot.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

We don't need another Barkley.

9. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

I'm a big Rockets fan, I can understand the Malone part but actually I don't hate Pippen that much. yeah you guys call him quitten but how many stars forced a trade to get to a better team today? even our beloved T-Mac did (and Steve for Vancuver, Malone for Utah/LA, Davis for New Orlean, ....) Pippen likes Houston so choose the Rockets when he's a FA. then find out not a good fit here (remember he's aging and wanted a ring without MJ) he then forced a trade. ok Pippen had some issues with Sir Charles but not the City of Houston or the fans. If I remember correctly, even the fans hate him so much, he still said something very positive about the Rockets to his friend G. Rice when GR got traded here.

10. Batman Jones

Screw the other guy. You should be banned for comparing Barkley to Malone. I'm dragging out my empty ignore list for that one.

11. Batman Jones

Pippen had a chance to play with Olajuwon and Barkley one year removed from back to back championships. He was supposed to be the missing piece. Instead he was poison. He'd said he wanted to prove he could be the go-to guy, post Jordan. Instead he blamed the guy who sacrificed millions to bring him here. He lost that game against LA himself. He dribbled the ball off his own foot, laughed about it on the court and then blamed Charles for fouling Shaq - which any player in the NBA would have done, faced with Pippen's colossal mistake. He was then so ashamed of his own foul up he blamed the whole year on Barkley and the Rockets. If anyone's worse than Malone, it's Pippen. If you're a Rockets fan and you've followed the Rockets and you have any love for either one of these guys, sorry, but you're just out of the club. Rockets fandom's a big tent but it isn't that big. If you saw those games Pippen played with us, if you watched all those years Malone figured his natural talent and hard work weren't sufficient that he didn't have to CHEAT, and you still have any respect for either one of those guys you're just not a Rockets fan.

12. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Thats how I remember it. i hope malone and pip get rooms next to each other in helll.

and barkley is on a much higher level of greatness than malone. I mean atleast we know anything barkley says is all in fun. Malone, is just out to get people.

13. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

You've redeemed yourself nicely. Long live DaneB!;)

14. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

If you have truly learned to move on, then I implore you, from the core of my being, oh enlightened one, to MOVE ON AND STOP posting this crap about how great Malone is.

You say your an intelligent person, and I have no reason to doubt you other than the fact that you say so; but continuing to post in support of Karl Malone on this board is futile. Doing so makes one appear like the perpetual idiot, who, upon hearing the clock strike twleve, counts "one...one...one..."

15. ralph

ralph Member

THAT GUY IS CURSED MAN
    I DONT WANT HIM PLAY FOR ROCKETS

16. rocketsmetalspd

I hated when the Rockets had Barkley and Pippen!! I really hope they don't even try to get Malone. He does not deserve to be a ROCKET. I hope if SA gets him, it will be another Barkley for them (never will win the championship).:p

17. zong

zong Member

NO NO NO

18. ricealum

ricealum Contributing Member

rocketballin: "I dont know if this is someones Website here but check it out, I think everyone will like it. Malone Hating"

That's my site, and I appreciate you and adeelsiddiqui mentioning it. Actually, I have been meaning to take the Jazzholes page down for a while but haven't gotten to it. Now that Stockton and Malone are gone, I don't hate them any more. I know I should, but ... I can't help myself. I saw Lopez and Kirilenko almost lead them to the playoffs, and I just started seeing them as just another team. So I'm taking the Jazzholes page down.

The Malone, page, however, stays. :cool:

As for RocketsForever, flame him all you want, but the hanging thing was way out of line. If you're going to post a nasty thing like that, at least paste Malone's face onto the victim......

19. montevideo

montevideo Contributing Member

Right - Pippen without P.Jackson and M.Jordan was about as useful as Jerry Krause.

Very overrated - pure role player - not clutch at all - rather - choke artist - time and again - and - an egomaniac.

Lots of parallels w/Malone.

Bringing Malone here would acheive very similar result.

Malone has no character - look at his inability to positively influence Lakers last year - and he even poisoned the air in his own right with the blast on team physicians. Look how he left the Jazz - bridge was burned to a crisp. Man's got no class.

His ego's too big to play a role and he's a proven choker.

There's a chance SA wants him so he doesn't end up anywhere else - he hurt them bad last year in playoff. That's the only reason I can think of - they don't want him in MN or Miami. Since Malones desesparado for a championship - cost is low - Pop is very clever!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.