1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Making a random rotation change

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston79Astro, May 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Houston79Astro

Should we switch Jones out for KPap?
    I really thought Jones would have a better game/series, because of the non post up threat of the warriors. That does not seem to be the case as Jones looked clueless out there last night.

Would giving KPap Jone's minutes help us?
    He sure would help with ball movement.

2. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

3. SemisolidSnake

At this point, switching Jones out for a head of lettuce would help. Lettuce is harder than he is.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Don't need any rotation changes. Just need guys like Jones/Terry to play better.

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

as much as i wanna solve our pg defense by starting brewer and giving kostas 5-10mpg, i dont want jones to be completley out of the rotation. he's a good backup big, just not great against starting lineups.

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

KPap would be ok with me, but we really need some consistent offense from the 4.

Crazy to think that Livingston had a great game, but that goes to show you just how deep this team is. Klay had a bad shooting game, partly due to great defense...but cant always expect him to shoot poorly...

The Rockets have a chance...some of the shots Curry made today was just what great shooters do. The Warriors as a whole shot 4-18 from 3 tonight.

Basically this is what the Rockets need to do. The first quarter was a great example of how to play this team. You have to destroy them in the paint and not let them get shots inside...Tonight there were so many layups at the rim they had that they shouldnt have gotten...TOnight we also missed so many shots at the rim. Can't have that. Shooting can waiver...but post scoring must be consistent.

Finally, the Rockets need to exaggerate contact on the numerous Warrior illegal screens. What Green did was totally bushleague, and flat out dangerous. He intentionally fell backwards...into the knees of a player trying to get free from him.

Obviously, the Rockets are toast without Dwight in the middle, but these Rockets have a chance if they play with the same passion as tonight.

7. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

KPap is a turnover machine. God no. I'm already envisioning 12-0 GS runs.

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

This.

If they just played 'normally', we would be up 1-0 and all laughing.
    If they played well, we would be up 1-0 and thinking about a sweep.

I'm confident they will both show up over the coming games.

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

No, thank you.

10. newAge_Rockets

I'd give all of Jones' minutes to Clint, not Paps.