1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Major Props for the BBS from INSIDER

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NJRocket, Aug 23, 2001.

1. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

Check this out Clutch...talk about a nice pat on the back!!!
    (this was in ESPN INSIDER this morning)

...As for his comeback, sources inside Hoops Gym, where Barkley was supposed to make his comeback, say "No way." One of the sources said, "He lost more weight than I thought, but there's no way Barkley is coming back. Everytime he steps on the court, he gets killed out there."

Meanwhile, Clutch City.net, which happens to be the best and most accurate NBA fan site I've ever seen, talked to Rockets center Jason Collier.

Collier, who has been unable to hit the court due to injuries, has been hitting the weights and is now reportedly up to an impressive 280 pounds, all muscle.

If he can stay healthy (according to the report, his knee isn't hurting anymore) and is willing to bang down low, he could supplant Kelvin "Jack Squat" Cato in the middle.

Of course, that's not saying much.

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Well, that's just great. That means that clutchcity.net will get even MORE publicity, which will mean even MORE visitors, and all those visitors will crash the BBS again, which will cause Clutch to work through the night to get the BBS running again, and then he'll post an announcement saying that he can't handle all the work without getting SOMETHING in return, and he'll start running advertisements and banner ads on this site, then I'll have to stare at ANOTHER one of those stupid "Shock the Monkey and win $20.00" ads, which will eventually cause me to go mentally unstable and pop a cap in my head....Are you happy now, Clutch?!?! You just killed one of your loyal BBS members! Wait...what was I talking about again? :D

<i>It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine...</i>

3. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Shock the Monkey or an X-10 ad!!!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhh!!

rH

4. Miggidy Markell

LMAO....gotta luv da humour! :D :D :D

5. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

would u like to apply for a FREE VISA credit Card?? ads are the worst of all. most of the time they pop in twos.......................

6. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Holy crap! What a plug! Did it say who wrote that insider piece? About 3 weeks ago, I dropped an email to Darren Rovell, the business writer for ESPN who I've conversed with off and on since last year during the referendum, and I mentioned ClutchCity.net. He knew about it but I told him to make sure and pass it on to the hoops writers there at ESPN.

Maybe he did! :)

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Actually, this is Chad Ford, the co-founder of SportsTalk and head of the ESPN Insider NBA section. We've become friends through the web, talk every so often and exchange info at times -- great guy. I need to thank him for the mention and compliments...

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

OH, how cool! I didn't know he did that. What a terrific plug! :)

9. harumph

harumph Member

good to see quality writing in ESPN :)

10. Colby

Colby Member

I tried insider for the 30 day trial. I decided to cancel. Maybe I should sign up....no what am I thinking.