1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Main Reasons why Rockets "Lost" This Series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, May 28, 2018.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Let's make it clear. Rockets at full strength can clearly hang with this GSW and even beat them. We lost this series because of 3 main reasons.

1. REFS. Total screw job on the Rockets. No more to say

2. CP3's injury at the worst possible time. With CP3 in control GSW do not go on such big runs

3. Ryan Anderson and his garbage $20M contract. Against a team like GSW, you can't have someone taking up all this cap space for either zero contributions or negative contributions.

s3ts, BabyClutch, Rox Addict and 17 others like this.
  2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Harden disappeared in the playoffs again

3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Anderson, who I thought could contribute this series. Should've been yanked and never seen the light of day again after his first couple of isos VS Curry.

That result is what Harden hopes he gets every time he switches. Except it doesn't happen as efficiently for him.

Paul being out was the main factor. Even with the blatant bullsh*t officiating we could've still beat them.

But the officiating this game was just so f*cking utterly embarrasing.

I won't be watching a second of Finals basketball.

And I won't be paying a cent for League Pass next season. I'll download every single Rockets game.

**** you Adam Silver. Thought it was a blessing with the goblin Stern retired. How wrong could I be.

Fingers crossed Durant tears his ACL in the first minute of Game 1 and LeBron hangs his d*ck over Ayesha's wife throughout the remainder of the series.

4. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

This X 1000

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Injuries man. Injuries and Houston. They will forever kill us.

javal_lon likes this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Ryan anderson is the #1 reason we lost this series.

If we had had even a semi worthwhile player for 20M that this scrub is making, we would be going to the NBA Finals.

Ryan Anderson has literally cost us a trip to the Finals and possible a championship.

I ****in hate this scrub with a passion.

7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Rockets under 100 for 5 straight games.

8. ReignSupreme

ReignSupreme Member

Adam "liberal" Silver

derp likes this.
  9. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

no heart of champion bro

10. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Obvious choice is 3rd qtrs

11. Know Your Role

Not even mad at Harden, he did enough to get them there. Still made major, huge, inexcusable mistakes but not as mad this year as last. Anderson, Ariza, Mbah Moute, Nene have to go, probably Gordon too. These are the holes I kept preaching needed to be filled. Can't beat the warriors in a series with that much money coming up useless. CP3's injury didn't cost us the series, we ran out of talent mostly because useless expensive role players.

rocketman84 and derp like this.
  12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm not blaming no f-ing refs. This was on the Rockets and terrible shooting. You can't shoot like that against the Warriors.

Good season, Rockets. But, you really blew a great opportunity and they don't come along often.

13. RESINator

RESINator Member

We have got to extend our bench. We cannot use a 7 man rotation and expect our guys will not be tired.

14. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Haden quit....AGAIN
    Anderson is a scrub
    Ariza is pure trash

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

James Harden.

A highly skilled, but dumb as fork and with no heart stats filler, whom will never win a NBA championship as the best player in this team in the playoff.

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

When threes weren't going in, having Chris Paul mixing it up in the mid range would of made a world of difference. Warriors we're fortunate.

18. nuggien

nuggien Contributing Member

I know we love to blame the refs and while i agree the refs sucked, no refs made the rockets miss like 20 consecutive 3s in the third quarter. That was terrible coaching by dantoni. By the time the rockets tried to take it to the rim more, it was too late.

Elephant810 likes this.
  19. DreamEarlNolan

The refs completely changed the momentum of the last two games by calling the game so one sided for the Warriors in the third quarter. When you have people like DeMarcus Cousins, Richard Sherman, and Jeremy Lin tweeting about it, you know it isnt just Rockets fans seeing it.

Stormy1234, derp, Elephant810 and 4 others like this.
  20. Fantasma Negro

We lost because we have a dumb coach and dumb players