1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Magic shopping Mario Hezonja

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaBeard, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think it still hurts in the end, if nobody was willing to trade more than Malachi Richardson and a 2nd rounder when he was restricted, i don't see how that can change now that he will be able to sign with any team...i also don't see how his value can go up during the season since he barely plays at this point.

2. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He reminds me of Chase Budinger....athletic, can shoot, but for some reason just isn’t a particularly good player.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

lulz...Hezonja botching a freaking 4 on 1 fastbreak, by trying to be cool.

Gotta be top 5 lowest IQ players in the league.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

i give him points for effort. he meant well

5. lionaire

lionaire Member

Can he do anything that Gerald Green can't do?

6. j@amc

j@amc Member

Weirdly, Orlando has given him minutes at the PF position. He doesn’t have the strength to do that. He always been crowded out by others NBA wings on their roster. It’s too bad that his coaches can’t figure out how to fit him in. He needs a change of scenery and an open system.

I doubt he fits here from a personality standpoint. He’s a young guy (like Troy Williams) who thinks he should be a star (or THE star). Still learning how to be a professional and a teammate. Green has all this figured out.

I’d pass for now since we have Green... but can we steal Aaron Gordon (or at least covet)?

7. j@amc

j@amc Member

I think it's official. This guy has figured out how to play. He just needs more chances. His defense has been improving. He can score. I have to wonder if Orlando will get anything for him, or he'll just walk and flourish somewhere else. . . I doubt he's done enough to earn much of a contract. Definitely someone to keep an eye on though as the trade deadline nears.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I though out Anderson for Vucevic and Hezonja. Make it happen Morey!

j@amc and OTMax like this.
  9. j@amc

j@amc Member

Nice article on Hezonja at the bottom of the page. I didn't know he was playing hurt. That makes more sense of his struggles. Definite talent. Not sure what the Magic can get for him now that he's expiring. In my opinion, they never helped him to succeed.

Deuce and Vivi like this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

The Magic are so trash that as soon as they declined his option for the next season he started playing well.

BigMaloe, BigggReddd, j@amc and 2 others like this.
  11. dream2franchise

I like a player of Hezonja's size and skill set on this team. With the greenlight to shoot and increased confidence I think he'd contribute a lot. Obviously don't see how we get him and PG depth is more important at this point.

Hope he does well.