1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Magic Posturing About Keeping Dwight Howard Until Feb. 2013?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

No suprise, since the Magic couldn't find a third team to bid against the Rox, (ala the Nets and Knicks for Carmelo) they decide to pull back and wait. This Magic GM is trying to squeeze more assets from us...

Should we waste our time and create a thread about hypotheical third teams...

2. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Works for me, any offer for Dwight will be less lucrative come February when it's a half year rental. And you can kiss our 2013 picks goodbye if we know they are going to be top ten by then!

This trade will happen before August is over

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Chris Broussard reported it so you know it must be....something an agent told him to say. I swear that guy is a much smarter man's personal toy.

4. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

i thought we can finally have some new topic to talk about on this board? :rolleyes:

5. Eddy F.

Eddy F. Member

Magic GM is a coward. Too afraid to pull a trigger on a deal. Just get the drama over with. He's slowly killing everyone. Rockets should just cut off all talks and we'll see if he can find a better deal. Annoying.

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I'll call your bluff and raise you $500.......;)

7. MystikArkitect

Wonder if Les coming out and saying that he was "happy about going with the youngsters" was posturing on the Rockets part.

Has there been an offseason more full of "my sources..." and "...so and so's agent..." than this one? I don't remember it being this bad even when Lebron did his thing.

8. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Magic GM is a dumbass. Houston has the best deal for him if he wants to rebuild. Shooting himself in the foot right now, all Morey has to do is wait right now.

9. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

Appropriate new thread.

I remember Morey being interviewed before free agency even began and said he was glad RH was in the East becuase he respected him a Ton.

This guy is smart . . .

He may be bluffing - why not - He knows he has til' August 5th to get D-Mo - why not posture so he can up our ante . . .

and heyyy - maybe he will suffer through with an angry fan base til' the deadline until he can pull of a Lopez deal with Brooklyn or simply wait for another deal with an unknown team to manifest. That fan base will be happy at the deadline if he pulls off a beauty.

My gut . . . tells me he is bluffing - from a psychological perspective, Typically you do NOT need to announce to the world a decision like this - you just stop talking and go about your business. It's when you stand up on your soap box to announce shows me there's a different motive afoot. He wants a Best and Final from All Parties !!!

#29 zcity, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  10. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Because it is the quickest rode back from rebuilding to the playoffs? Because he is a top 5 player in the NBA? Because Houston has always loved their big men? Because Morey believes he can sign him to a max 5 year contract? Because Lin and Howard will be good for 45 ppg using the pick and roll/pop and cutters and spot up?

1 person likes this.
  11. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

fyp..

12. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

F the magic. No srsly, just F them. This crap is getting stupid. There is NO OTHER team except for the Rox who have the combo of picks, contract absorption ability, and high upside youngsters that the Magic want. THEY HAVE NO CHOICE. The new GM just doesn't want to give up his cornhole virginity in a drunken stupor to a frat boy Morey. Perhaps he wants to be cuddled first.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Does that mean were going to have on and off Trade rumors/Fake insiders and countless hours of speculation over dwight howard until feb 2013? :grin:

[​IMG]

15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Get real. It is not checkers it is chess. It takes awhile to put deals like this through. Patience.

16. Eddy F.

Eddy F. Member

I'm sure Rob Hennigan has the smarts, but he definitely has no balls. Too afraid to pull of a deal that the fans will hate him for. Just get it over with. He's hindering this franchise moving forward. I can't say it enough, coward.

17. caneks

caneks Rookie

:mad:
    then what were all those moves this offseason by Morey?
    :eek:

18. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

hah! Time for Morey to slap an expiration date on his offer.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Sure they are.

Morey has Hennigan cornered

20. teebone21

teebone21 Member

young talent and 20+ mill in cap space