1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Magic mushrooms hit the God spot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MR. MEOWGI, Jul 12, 2006.

1. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Don't usually like talking about drug use but acid does get a bad wrap. Did it a couple of times and I actually enjoyed it more than shrooms. Wasn't left with any hangover to speak of like with shrooms. Shrooms are great and all and I can understand how people feel they're having some sort of spiritual awakening but it's just the drugs interacting with your brain. I think the better description of shrooms is you're experiencing your body in a different way than you've probably ever experienced it and it changes your perspective on things. More than anything I think it helps you realize you're also a biological entity and a lot of the stresses we incur in our lives are more manufactured in our own heads. For people that ruminate a lot on past trauma, I'd like to think or hope it helps you realize that trauma was in the past and doesn't have to be relived over and over in your head in the present. Just let it go and live your life.

For example, I never understood the potheads that smoked just to ruminate on things that bugged them. Case in point this scene.

My rules regarding drugs go as follows.

1. Be in a good mood before using.
    2. Have fun, otherwise what's the point?

I prefer being outdoors for shrooms. Places like Krausse Springs, Hamilton Pool, Zilker Park, St. Edward's Park, the beach, Balmorhea Park, Big Bend are all great places to trip. What I like the most about them is when you do them in a group and everyone starts to feel it kick in around the same time and it wears off around the same time too.

TWS1986 and fallenphoenix like this.
  2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i had way more "bad trips" on acid than on mushrooms. acid lasts longer and takes longer to wear off. it causes stomach aches. you feel crappy the next day. the high is not as clean. you have less control of yourself. its more difficult to be around people and keep yourself together. its synthetic. it can cause long-term mental problems and flashbacks. i personally know someone who did too much when we were young and he never came back. also see, brian wilson. syd barret. roky erickson.

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

sounds like you have been dealing with bad acid. i don't get stomach aches or a hangover. any hallucinogen will cause schizophrenia to manifest itself if the individual is predisposed to it.

i've never had a bad trip on acid, but i have on shrooms. so i guess it's all relative.

4. jo mama

i have not done acid in almost 20 years and in the last 15 years ive only done mushrooms 4 times.

most of us have heard the term 'acid casualty'. have you ever heard of a 'mushroom casualty'?

mushrooms are relatively harmless and have no long-term side-effects...the same cant be said for acid.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Still no hookups? Apparently mushrooms make you stingy AF.

TWS1986 and jae713 like this.
  6. fallenphoenix

agree to disagree then.

jo mama likes this.
  7. jae713

jae713 Member

For real lol. I did shrooms for the first time about a year ago. Ate about 2 grams. Had a pretty pleasant experience. I don't think 2 grams was enough though, I stayed home and played video games and didn't really hallucinate much and just felt "good" the whole time. The only way I can describe it is it was like playing video games on ultra hd. Would love to get my hands on some more. Acid too, never tried but it's something I feel I need to experience.

8. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

y'all need to stop bugging me about hooking you up, I'm in the same boat as you. unfortunately I won't be going to any music festivals for awhile.

apparently it is very easy to acquire if you deal with BTC.

London'sBurning likes this.
  9. fallenphoenix

grow your own

10. jo mama

yeah, it effects everyone differently so you cant really say definitely either way.

keep that 3rd eye squeegee brah!

TWS1986 and fallenphoenix like this.
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't grow my own anything, bro. I buy stuff like everyone else.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I do recommend giving a small dose of something psychoactive a try. I totally hear you on losing control, but that's part of what's very good about it. Any idea that we're controlling our lives is pretty misleading, I think.

As @finalsbound reported earlier in the thread, I had a similar, very important, much earlier experience along these lines. It helped me realize how much of my "reality" was constructed and arbitrary to my brain chemistry. Realizing that has made an enormously positive difference in my life, even just in conversation and relationships. And then, in the last many years, the field of neuroscience has pretty much confirmed what moderate doses can help anyone see: What we live, day in and day out, is in large part just post-production add-ons to the raw sensory input. We basically have our brains doing CGI overload on fill-ins and interpretation constantly.

Good luck and cheers to you. It does really help if you can find a friend or guide to be there with you I think.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Having a good friend with you, or even better, someone you're in a good relationship with is excellent advice, B-Bob. I'll add a couple of things -

Stay away from automobiles! Being in a "safe" place where you will feel comfortable and where you are unlikely to be surprised is important, particularly if it's the first time (or anytime, in my opinion). Having sex can be a trip on a trip when you're close to someone. It can also make you wonder why you're with that person, so take care.

Give whatever you take plenty of time to work. Taking more after an hour or so because you think you didn't take enough is a terrible idea. What can happen is that 15 or 30 minutes later it kicks in and you go, "why didn't I wait!" That might lead to a bad trip.

Going to a concert that way can be stressful - until you sit down.

Mushrooms are "milder" than acid. Forty or fifty years ago, at Addicks Reservoir, you could nearly fill a kitchen garbage bag with mushrooms by walking around the pastures that used to be there. Not kidding. Went with a good friend during the week before a big "tribal meeting" at Paleface Park on Travis and we each filled a bag. We wanted to give out party favors. Couldn't find a thing and then they seemed to be everywhere. Don't really know why that was a good place to look, more than most places, but it was. How things have changed. There were other places like that in the Houston area if you knew where to look, and what to look for. The city has largely grown over those places. I wouldn't touch psychedelics now with a ten foot pole. Felt differently in the late '60's.

Oh, and Surfguy was on target about finding them and what they look like. Just Never Drive! Be Safe! Don't take chances. It isn't worth it. If you're afraid to take them, don't do it. Your subconscious is probably trying to tell you something.

14. Buck Turgidson

So this happened a couple of years ago...

[​IMG]

Those were just out in the fields...turned into a fun weekend.

I have an old underground cistern, bell-shaped, 33 feet deep, 14 feet wide at the bottom, it holds a constand temp, perfect for growing mushrooms (culinary or otherwise). Anyone have any experience doing this? What kind of tray-system, what kind of soil base?

All I know about growing mushrooms is the old saying when someone asks you a question: "I don't know. I'm just kept in the dark and fed ****."

VooDooPope likes this.
  15. fallenphoenix

I'll refer you to the video i posted above. tried and true.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hook me up once you figure it out.

17. jo mama

clutchfans shroom party at deckards house!

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I took it in college and the one that was most intense was eating a gram's worth and having it course in the system for eight hours. Having a poison-not-poison metabolize in different forms over time forces you to adapt while your senses are affected. Like Deckard mentioned, having a safe environment with someone responsible is totally recommended if you're thinking about taking it. I don't think I freaked out, but I'd definitely would've done something innocently stupid like getting lost in a trail, so ymmv.

I used to be an avid reader of Aldous Huxley back then. The Doors of Perception is popular in those circles, but The Island is his culmination of his take on spirituality, western life and the role psychedelics play reconciling the two.

But that kind of "research" isn't necessary to feel the benefits.