1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Magic mushrooms hit the God spot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MR. MEOWGI, Jul 12, 2006.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Are shooms to acid what the kiddie roller coaster is to the Texas Cyclone?

I'm almost 40 but too afraid to try acid, shrooms or even weed (have smoke very small doses but got paranoid. MDMA has given me that same cathartic experience some of you are talking about. The peace of dealing with the flaws of your inner self yet kind enough not to scare you away from the mirror. I figure I'll eventually get around to it but I just have serious issues with losing control. That and lack of good, responsible friends.

finalsbound likes this.
  2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

enlightenment through psilocybin sticks with you.

finalsbound likes this.
  3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Don't go there (or go there glacially). Trust your gut.

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I have done MDMA 3-4 times, and while it was a wonderful, opening experience, it's never had a lasting impact. although I do know some people who use it for treatment-resistant depression, for me it's about the sensory (visual/tactile) experience and the increased empathy for others. I've never had any negative effects from it, except for normal mild come down blues.

I had never tried psilocybin until this weekend...and I feel like I should stress the fact that I took between .9 and 1 gram of mushrooms, and did not experience any hallucinations (or even tracers, like with MDMA). i didn't even think it affected me at all until i started to feel a strange peaceful feeling a couple hours in... which became stronger and stronger until repressed emotions started spilling out and the realizations hit. a bittersweet knowledge that I've wasted so much emotional energy on things that are completely meaningless, as ecclesiastes says, "a chasing after the wind".

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

TBH, it all depends where they're from; I've had some from around Houston and they're very mellow. Once had some from Cali and OMFG way more intense a trip!! It's all about set and setting tho; control your environment and you have a much better chance of controlling the result of the trip. Like dropping A w/E @ a rave during Mardi Gras in NOLA is NOT a good idea!!

6. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

You had MDA not MDMA when you have visuals.

7. finalsbound

I've never had visuals with anything but salvia, one time 7-8 years ago. tracers however are common on molly. i'll try sally at some point, i like what I've heard.

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

We used to trespass on to fields where cows graze and pick them straight out of the cow dung they grow out of (at least, the type we were going for). Usually, it is when there is high moisture in the air and we would go in the mornings when there was dew. They were easy to spot and tell apart from the poisonous ones. They have a purple-ish quality to the underbelly of the cap...is one key marker for identifying. It would be stupid to try to pick and eat them if you don't know how to identify them.

But, it's a felony if you're caught picking them. We almost got caught once, too. We didn't get busted only because we didn't find any at the point when we were caught. I've had a few crazy trips on them back in the day. The concentrated tea is the craziest. Total out-of-body experience is what I experienced and with visuals. I felt like I was on the Starship Enterprise when I was only in a car. I don't remember anything about a two month benefit, though. Interesting.

9. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

dont do acid!!!

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Good for you. You're not alone...

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0269881116675512

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/01/...silocybin-cancer-anxiety-depression.html?_r=0

Permitting research into the therapeutic use of hallucinogens is way over due.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

12. fallenphoenix

acid isn't any worse than shrooms. acid has such a bad connotation with it for no reason

13. finalsbound

well...can vouch for that. ^

psychedelics help with severe anxiety...it's the only thing that has ever actually made a dent in mine. it's a shame the stigma will always put off many that could benefit.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nobody ever hooked me UP.

15. Fantasma Negro

Who's selling?

16. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

[​IMG]

17. i3artow i3aller

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Sounds like a beautiful experience. I wonder if you've heard of this guy:

You can find great talks from him about the spiritual experience, the world around us or the pharmacology of psychedelics.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

#1 rule of shrooms is, it leads you, and you don't tell it what to do. And on seemingly rare and random occasions, it will take you to a place you don't want to go. And if you resist, it will get worse. If you embrace it, you'll never trip. For example, if you try it, it might take you to the inside of a cage built out of the anxieties that control you. And it's going to be very difficult to see that, but if it takes you there then it's telling you that you need to examine it.

At the end of the day, you have to understand that you don't have a need to control. Rather, you are under the control of your anxieties and when that stops happening you panic because it physically feels unusual.

Or so I've heard.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  20. fallenphoenix

Care to back that up?