1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Made my peace with it, the future is bright!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, May 15, 2017.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I'm good with the 2016-2017 season. We way, way overachieved and made some real statements about the future. We were in the 'second tier' of teams when I thought we would be mediocre at best.

We're an attractive place for free agents. I think we're one number two scorer (all-star) away from being a legit contender!

[​IMG]

Who's with me?!?!?!?

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Verily. Amen. Let us prepare for the plunder, by recruiting new soldiers - that we might enjoy the lamentations forthwith.

#2 napalm06, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
    Perki-Perk, Bo6, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  3. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

I'm getting there, too.

Only concern is how will other FAs and All-NBA talent look at the Rockets (specifically, Harden) after the way we lost the Spurs series?

4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

But did you put everyone on ignore except sofiawhite?

5. 1Deep

1Deep Member

If you a free agent who is good enough to be coveted by at least a few different teams and you're serious about contending for a title... Why would you choose to come and play with Harden. I just don't think we'll do as well as we did this season in free agency going forward. Game 6 was an eye opening experience for everyone.

maw7079_2000 and subtomic like this.
  6. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

Yes.
    The woods are lovely , dark and deep. But I have promises to keep. And miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.

robgue, hakeem94 and Mr. Clutch like this.
  7. threepointshot3

You would see guys like Gordon, Ariza, Nene, Capella Beverley and Anderson(regular season) all thrived playing with Harden and had almost career years. Sure he flunked in game 6 but it does not negate the fact HARDEN MAKES OTHERS AROUND BETTER! Some people are going over the top with the hate.

#7 threepointshot3, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
  8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Hasheem "the dream" Thabeet is on his way

9. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Nah, I don't hate him. Would just rather have a leader who did more than make people look good in the (regular season) and then got into the fetal position in the playoffs when things get rough. He's a very talented guy, but I just don't see him leading us to a championship with that heart problem he has.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i agree that we overachieved... great overall results for the first year under MDA and after adding new pieces... but the most resounding statement from the season was - 'if things aint goin our way, we may just up n quit...'

I will always support my Rox... I have for 30+ years and counting... but I'm gonna need some sort of explanation or understanding before I get all yippie skippy for next year... ;)

Richie_Rich and subtomic like this.
  11. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Well, I´ve also found my peace already.
    After been tense as hell (I got IBS Syndrome) and I could really feel it becoming worse in the playoffs, how tense I was for believing, being angry and anxious. It just isn´t worthy it.

Yes, we wanted Harden to be Hakeem and be hero-clutch. Well, he isn´t.
    Yes, we wanted D´Antoni to be Pop and coach his team / adjust playing time better. Well, he isn´t.

Then again, It was their first season together and we stand with the third best record, in a league where two teams have a huge chance of going to the finals with a 12-0 record.

Heck. Enjoy the games left and see you all in draft night.

skroodup25 likes this.
  12. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Maybe the next 'star' player we get becomes the one who leads. That is what I feel like. Harden can still do his stats thing cause that will be needed, but we need a dawg on this roster. Another guy capable of taking over the game when Harden (ahem) is "out of his rhythm".

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I am with you, perhaps i am even more optimistic, i think we are good to go with the squad we already have, we dont need noone,

14. threepointshot3

For the most part of the playoffs he was making his teammates better when they actually hit the ton of open shots he created for them..........People tend to forget Lou Williams, Gordon, Anderson and Beverley sucked for majority of the Spurs series. Harden besides game 6 was pretty damn good but unfortunately that has all been forgotten because of the game 6 fiasco.

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

We would have more choked playoff games in future as long as Harden still is mental midget.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I'm perfectly ok with the season results. Vastly over achieved regular season and underachieved int he playoffs

I'm not ok with our superstar player following a choke game (kinda acceptable) with a quit game (unacceptable)

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Compare how you felt about the Rockets at the end of last season with how you feel this season. This team is in a markedly better place.

Patience, Hakeemtheking and Ozzy like this.
  19. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Last year I knew the Harden-Howard thing just didn't work.
    This year I have no clue what the hell happened.
    I don't feel better.

subtomic and kjayp like this.
  20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If you don't feel better about a 55 win team, that was one faux charge away from beating the Spurs, and made all that noise with no real number 2 for James, then you might as well be a warrior fan.