1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Made Egg Drop Soup for The First Time Tonight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Blatz, May 15, 2015.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If you know how to boil water, you can make your own stock. I usually buy whole chickens for whatever chicken dishes I make. I portion the chicken out, and throw any chicken pieces including the bones I don't use in a pot and make stock out of it. Most people collect the pieces and make big pots of stock at a time. I make two types of stock. Plain stock that I use for asian dishes that only has an onion in it, or traditional chicken stock which has onions, carrots and celery.

The best part is that for 4 or 10(organic chicken) bucks. You get about 4 pounds of meat, and enough stock to make a pot of soup.

2. rockbox

BTW, if you want a easy soup to make, chicken noodle and vietnamese congee are the way to go.

Boil a chicken with some vegetables, pull the chicken out, throw in rice or noodles, shred chicken and throw it back in. It makes enough for a 8 adult meals and takes only 1.5 hours to make and most of that time is letting water boil.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I don't cook.

4. rockbox

Don't you own a bunch of fancy kitchen knives?

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

yeah, and sharpening stones.

6. rockbox

So you shred a lot of paper?

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

lol...

kitchen knives should only touch paper, the magnetic bar and 300 dollar J-nats

8. rockbox

I don't believe in drawer queens.