1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mad Yao Disease - Addendum 1 (Reverse Complex)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Feb 18, 2003.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Mad Yao Disease has also been known to have the reverse effect on otherwise sensible people previously not afflicted with this disease which renders the ill to regard Yao Ming as the God of the Hoop. This addendum to Mad Yao Disease, just discovered by yours truly, Dr. HotBalla, tends to strike "old-school" (we watched the Rockets when Sampson was still in short shorts!) Rockets fans or ClutchCity "old school" vets (most notably one of Dr. Hot Balla's colleagues, the Doctor of Dunk. We went to college together, it's true it's true). During my reserach, I noticed that the reverse effects of Mad Yao Disease would cause those afflicted to believe that Yao Ming was a scene stealing hog taking away all the good things the team is doing. It also has led to the constant bashing of Yao Ming in an apparent effort to de-glorify him for the ignorant Yao-only masses flooding the Clutch City server. In their eyes, every praise of Yao Ming deems that person to be afflicted with Mad Yao Disease (a common side effect of reverse Mad Yao Disease is accusing every poster of having Mad Yao Disease). I theorize that while those afflicted by Reverse Mad Yao Disease apreciate having Yao Ming on their team, they detest anyone who does not fit their nice profile of what a REAL Rockets fan should be. Meanwhile, they continue to make the kind of trollish comments that they despise from those they deemed to have Mad Yao Disease. Exhibition http://bbs.clutchcity.net/php3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51920&perpage=30&pagenumber=1 points to Jeff form the Clutch crew on how to make a pointed and well-observed comment concerning Yao Ming's aggressiveness. Obviously Jeff has avoided the pitfalls of both complexes of Mad Yao Disease. Yao is a good rookie, and has good and possibly great potential, he also has faults like every other rookie, dwelling too much on either one regardless of your intention in a debate is pointless and only shows to others just how badly you have been infected by the Mad Yao Disease. Until next time, Dr. Hotballa is out of the office.

2. cmellon

cmellon Member

Next step we'll make a poll:

Identify yourself. Are you

1. Person afflicted with Mad Yao Disease
    Criteria: You must think Yao is a god. Yao is the president.
    Someone else who says Yao is not aggressive must be a loser
    and the most idiotic person on the planet. Being a post
    May-2002 joined poster (like me) also helps you to be placed
    in this category.

2. Person afflicted with Reverse Mad Yao Disease
    Criteria: You must think Yao Ming is just way too over-hyped
    and he is a very regular player, just like anybody else. You must
    be so pissed off to those posters who praise Yao Ming like
    crazy. If you happen to be a post May-2002 joined poster (like
    me), you must demonstrate convincingly and vehemently to
    others that you have followed Rockets during Dream/Moses
    era, and that you know who Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley,
    and Rudy T are before joining clutchcity.net.

3. Person not afflicted with either Mad Yao or Reverse Mad Yao
    Disease
    Criteria: You must not take any stand in a Yao Ming debate in
    this forum. In other words, whenever there is a thread
    debating Yao Ming, you choose to ignore, never read, and do
    not post anything.

3. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

For once in my life I can say...I'M NUMBER 1! I'M NUMBER 1!

Ok...moment over.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This is a pigeon hole and I shall not take part. There are other options out there.

5. insider

insider Member

i think you all have TMTS.

too much time syndrome:

6. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I agree! I personally think I am coming down with Rockets Turrets Syndrome... I find myself shouting out millions of f*&$ing profanities during and after Rockets games and visiting this BBS

7. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Don't worry, people here used to like Steve Francis, also...

Yao is on schedule to be the most hated Rocket in about a year and a half...

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I think I'm coming down with Rockets Dyslexia. I think every negative is a positive.

One of the symptoms of this is contending that Francis and Mobley getting humbled by losses is the only longterm solution to our woes. Another is declaring the Mobley 8-game injury was a good thing (admit it Will). Another one is thinking that Rice and MoT sucking is a good thing. And that the Kenny Thomas trade solved our PF logjam. hehe

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

You guys think you got it bad...

I got Rox Diarrhea, aka "the runs"

I often run my mouth to much when the Rox lose, and everything just squirts out, whether it makes sense or not...

:D

10. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

scary thought.:confused: