1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mad Max Waived by Knicks!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MadMax, Oct 6, 2000.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

OK...my name is not Max or Maxwell or anything like that. I assume most of you guessed that my name here was chosen in honor of the man who hit the game winning shot to give Houston its first real pro title ever.

Did the rest of you see he was waived by the Knicks??? I'm so relieved!!! The very thought of that guy wearing a Knicks jersey sent shivers down my spine. Bad enough he wore a Sonics jersey. But to imagine him wearing the same colors of the team that he beat to win the title that year was just way too much for me!! I'm hoping he'll retire so he doesn't end up with the Jazz or something where I'll be forced (as required by the laws of Houston Rocket fans) to hate him. He's not much of a stand-up citizen..I certainly wouldn't want him babysitting my son..but I have great memories of his years here with the Rockets.

------------------

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I'd like to see him play for one of the other east teams so we don't have to cheer against the guy.

------------------
    Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures.

Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and pimp-slap the mother****** upside the head!

3. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I, apprently, am a big idiot.

All I could envision were those dumb Mel Gibson movies. Once I get an idea in my head, I cannot get it out.

It never occured to me until I saw your thread title.

Sad. I need a vacation. [​IMG]

------------------
    Talking to a dead hare about art

4. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

* posted this yesterday, in the NBA Dish forum.

------------------