1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mack to Golden State!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Puff, Jan 3, 2000.

1. Puff

Puff Member

Spoke with Sam, and he says that he is signing with the Golden State Warriors for the rest of the season. He would like to be bac though next year! He will join the team on Thursday, when they play Cleveland.

2. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Puff,

Where does he want to be back at next year?

Mango

3. brahma rocket

brahma rocket Member

is it a sign and trade or what?

4. BoyhoodDream

BoyhoodDream Member

The thing that doesn't make sense to me is that Sam Mack stuck around all this time so he could take advantage of his Bird rights. Now if he signs with Golden State, not only will he be making a little less money but he will also lose his Bird rights. I don't get it. But then again who does.

5. Francis3

Francis3 Member

What a dumbass... He stuck around waiting this whole time and now he is going to sign with the warriors.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Francis3,

Your challenges for the year should you choose to accept them are the following :

1) Not to refer to someone as "idiot" or "dumbass" in a post.

2) Never to post a post that simply says, "I agree" or some manifestation of words that equate to that.

I know you can do it, man!!! Don't let us down!!!

------------------
    Rocket fuel pumps through these veins...

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I think the user name 'Kobe8' is available on the Laker board...

8. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I dont understand sam mack. He stuck around waiting this whole time and now he is going to sign with the warriors. What was he sitting around for the whole year?

9. 4CJ33

4CJ33 Member

I love Sam Mack. I wish we could keep him.

10. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I wish him the best in his sorry team. [​IMG]

11. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

Puff,
    thanx for the scoop, but just a tad more info. would be highly appreciated. Is it simply a signing? A sign-and-trade? Is it a done deal? Don't leave us hanging man!

Azim da Dream

12. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I think Puff is sam mack...

13. Puff

Puff Member

Sorry guys, not to leave you hanging, but according to Sam, no sign and trade. Rudy was not having it. It would have been nice, but he is just signing a one year deal for the rest of the year. Terms have not been disclosed to me, sorry that is all I know. He tells me these things in private. He was set to be a rocket until charles' injury though. Then they decided to just use whhat we have. I will talk to him soon, so I will keep ya posted

14. Jenna

Jenna Member

"He tells me these things in private."

Then you go and blab them to a BBS that receives hundreds of hits per day. Yeah, that seems perfectly logical, and like a good way to continue your friendship.

By the way, when Karl Malone is shooting a free throw, he says....

Ooops...he told me that in private!

------------------
    Jen
    How long was I telling you Shandon was coming before you believed me????

15. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Puff,

For your sake I hope you are right about this one. It seems like every month, you tell us where Sam Mack is going, after talking with him. And every month nothing happens.....I was actually looking forward to your post this month about Sam, and you didn't let me down. Love ya Puff. I hope your right, cause he should be playing somewhere.... If nothing else, hopefully one of your "conversations" with Sam will actually come true....

Allright, I will leave you alone, just want to give you a hard time. But in all honesty, I really have not understand why he hasn't signed anywhere, I mean if not with the Rockets with someone. I wish him the best, and wish he remained with the Rockets... Heck, he is ten times better than Walt Williams in my opinion...
    Not that my opinion matters....

Go Rockets!!!!

16. BornRocketRed

BornRocketRed Member

I think Mack played out his cards. He bet too much on his importance to the team and asked for something Rudy wasn't willing to give.

Otherwise, I just can't understand it. Going to Golden State is like going to Europe, though; at least he'll get playing time.

17. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

hey - easy on puff here, folks. we need to encourage people to be sneaky anonymous informants, not discourage them. good work, puff, props to you for livening up the BBS.

As for Mack in Golden State, he will automatically be the most productive player on the team because THEY ARE HORRIBLE. He will average like 23 ppg.

In other developments, this retro-site oughta be permanent.

Happy New Year

CBrownFanClub

18. Puff

Puff Member

I might have not stated it the way I should have. He does not tell me things in private, but he tells me, and I I don't think he tells me thinking I am going to blab it to all on BBS. He knows I am a reporter though. He just tells me and then we move on. He was set to sign with Houston, as I stated earlier, but the injury to Charles changed all plans, because we are not expected to be contenders. I just post what he tells me, sorry if thats a bad thing.

19. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Hell no its not a bad thing Puff. As for posting on it a site that gets literally dozens of hits per day, none of us - well almost -are complaining.

The only bad thing about that post is revealing that the Rockets thought they were contenders this year before Charles went down.

Actually, national productivty and efficency levels would probably skyrocket if this site got a few less hits per day, now that we are on the topic. Goodness knows productivity numbers in my cubicle in partiuclar would be higher. Hell with it.

Go Rockets, have fun dealing with Vmax tonite.

CBrownFanClub

20. bballfanatic

bballfanatic Member

Thanks Puff! Keep reporting, what you said about him coming previously until Charles went down makes sense to me.

I feel sure we will now see Sam Mack in a Warriors uniform. Poor guy, land of the dead.