1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luther Head selected to USA Select Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by QdoubleA, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Very good point. That also takes away the problem of who he guards on defense. Barry is tall enough to take a bigger player and let Luther guard whoever is the smallest guy on the court.

This will be helpful for Brooks as well off the bench.

2. playlife

playlife Member

all 3 have 1 thing in common........expiring contract :D

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Man, can Luther's stock sink any lower on Clutchfans? He had his moments last year. Yao's absence hurt him as much as anyone, I think. He played off him particularly well in Adelman's offense.

4. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Oh ok, I actually never thought about defense, but isn't Kidd brought in to be a facilitator not a scorer or anything. Hard to defend someone with Kidd's skillset and experience looking to defer to a player like Kobe. Besides, Kidd will probably have the ball up in the air for an alleyoop to Kobe or Lerbon before Head can even blink.

Also I always thought that a player like him would gain confidence by great offense and making shots, instead of great defense. But this MIGHT just be a good thing cus like I've said before, the 3pt line isn't as far back.

You know what'll suck though? If he doesn't get traded this season. In any case, if you wanna be positive, at least Head will get some valuable experience from the senior team if anything. Maybe Kidd or someone else will teach him a thing or two about playing under pressure.

5. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Seriously, the Luther Head hate is out-of-control. Head has often stepped up when asked, he's put up 30 point games with McGrady out, he's a good shooter, good at cutting without the ball, and he's probably the best player on the team at turning defense into offense. He sucks against the big, physical guards like Williams, Harpring, and Brewer, but other than that, he's an NBA-level player. Comparing him to a virtual nobody like Aaron Brooks is ignorant and insulting.

Congratulations to Luther Head, I hope he does well. He did a great job on the Sophomore Team in 06-07, and I think this will be pretty similar.

6. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Luther is a nice person, a rocket role player who can make a play during a not important game in the NBA level. But it is funny for me to hear that he is selected to be USA select team from so many other good players in the state. Hope that his trade value is going to be increased with 2X due to this selection.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It can't go much lower. When a player is one-dimensional and that one dimension disappears when it counts, what's the purpose of keeping him around? His complete collapse against Utah took my breath away.

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

So Luther over Brooks/Francis? With Barry signed on, I only 1 of those 3 getting significant playing time off the bench. Barry will hopefully take on 20 minutes or so and rest going to one of those three guys.

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Francis is a question mark at this point if he will make it back to play. Aaron as we know is still learning a lot about what he can and can't do on the court. Luther has a little more experience and as we saw at times last season, Coach believes in Luther enough to play him over Brooks.

It's all depending on the roster moves and if Francis really can get healthy. But at this point I would say yes, Luther before the other two.

10. bewy

bewy Member

Omfg all of you haters...the reason why Head isn't doing too well against utah is because of rafer being injured in the playoffs which...luther has to play the pg positionn..hes actually a pretty decent shooter and slasher...well sometimes.

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

Tmac+Head for Rip+Prince. Get it done Morey.

12. stillillmatic

stillillmatic Member

r u kidding me??
    stuckey, right now, is better than mayo and rose by far.

13. stonecold999

stonecold999 Member

Luther Head was on the All rookie's team couple years ago, hopefully he will have his shooting touch back by PRACTICING

14. sook

sook Rookie

agreed...way too much hate, lets see him get back to his dunking form

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

or as your sig says Top 3 SG in the NBA.

When that comment was made was it a serious comment? :eek:

16. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Congrats to Luther. I am one of the few still behind him. As long as he wears our jersey, and even probably a little while after, I'll wish him the best.

Some people only know how to hate. I guess that's what makes them fanatics.

17. aznhowie20

aznhowie20 Member

i still support head as well...

he has potential to be really good... just his aggressiveness died down for some reason...

18. jonjon

jonjon Contributing Member

Naw, he would laugh. And if he ever saw one of yall he would throw money in your face.

19. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I think you're getting Head confused with Pacman Jones.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Congrats, I hope he does well. He seems like a nice guy. Also, seems like a change of scenery would be good for him (and the Rockets) at this point in his career. So if he shines on that team, this might help him - and the Rockets.