1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lucas after more former Rocks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mduke, Aug 18, 2001.

1. mduke

mduke Member

I was just looking at RealGM, and I found this story interesting. It appears John Lucas is once again going after former Rocket players. The Cavs are also having their training camp in Houston.

http://ohio.com/sports/cavs/docs/020949.htm

MR. ROGERS' NEIGHBORHOOD -- Free-agent forward Carlos Rogers, who scored 21 points and grabbed 10 rebounds in a game for Houston last season against the Cavs, would love to join the Cavs. ``I'd follow Coach Lucas anywhere,'' Rogers said. That is, if the price is right. Rogers, who has career averages of 7.7 points and 4.5 rebounds in seven seasons, said he does not want to attend an NBA training camp without guaranteed money. The Cavs have an interest in bringing Rogers to camp, but they're not keen on guaranteeing him money. If no other offers come his way, Rogers, who last season averaged 4.6 points and 3.6 rebounds, might have to back off on his demands. Another former Rocket the Cavs hope to have in camp is guard Rodrick Rhodes, who played last season in Greece.