1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luc Mbah a Moute dislocates his right shoulder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DarkHorse, Apr 10, 2018.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

What are u people talking bout. Luv is def a difference maker. So u think iggy or Livingston are diff makers during the warriors run. By no means do I think it's over for us. Still think we good. But to say he wasn't a key free agent is crazy. Guys like that can suck for rounds but can turn to a lock down guy for one specific opposing player. Idk if people are trolling but luc is a good player. U need as many good players as u can muster to win a title. Simple fact

BaselineFade, Mazulis, carib and 2 others like this.
  2. steveng125

steveng125 Member

I guess LeBron will be here next year.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

In all honesty if Harden and Paul don't bring their A game every night then it doesn't matter if Luc played 48 minutes a night in the postseason.

Is this a big loss? Could be but I rather see this now than in Game 1 8 minutes into the playoffs.

Bob Barker 007 and SamFisher like this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He's definitely our best defender. His help and one on one defense is much better than Tucker and Ariza. I know we can win without him, but it's going to be tougher.

Kim and RasaqBoi like this.
  5. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

No point in screaming in anger (I want to) huge loss obviously. I can only imagine his disappointment. This is awful news...he might be back for the WCF but I think he's done for the season. #FML

Rocket River likes this.
  6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

He wasn't going to lock down Durant.

But he was key with giving us the best change at taking them down. He and Ariza are high IQ defenders. I have all the confidence in the world having one of them on Durant and the other chasing around Klay.

So now you don't think it's too big a deal if it's Green now chasing Klay through a myriad screens each possession? How many wide open shots do you think that's going to result in due to Green's lack of defensive IQ?

Or the fact there's so much more pressure and responsibility placed on Ariza now. Ariza, the guy who shoots much, much, much better when he has energy. I think we all remember the feeling towards Ariza when he's shooting and he's got tired legs.

There are so many offshoots that an injury to one of our main players causes.

To think it's a simple suggestion that Luc doesn't lock down Durant therefore his impact is minimal, is astounding.

adw likes this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The team looks bumed out on the court

8. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

There is a chance he could be back by WCF if he doesn’t get surgery. People need to calm down until more information is available.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  9. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

The guy literally has coached us to our best season in franchise history...

Tomstro, adw, Os Trigonum and 6 others like this.
  10. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

If you noticed last Game against Warriors Harden guarded Durant and Luc guarded Klay.

11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

He is a great defender and a valuable rotation player, but he’s not the fuuucking difference between winning a championship or not.

Means more minutes for green ultimately. Probably more for Ryan and some more for tuck.

His role has been surprisingly more minor the past month or so playing low 20s in minutes

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Where did I say that Luc wasn't a good player?

I said that he isn't the difference between winning a championship and not winning.

Luc, is not locking down Durant. No one is. No one is locking down Curry or Klay... Our guys simply have to outplay their stars, that's all this comes down to in the NBA. Can my stars outplay your stars and can role players step up and not become completely useless.

BigMaloe likes this.
  13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I’m going to cry to sleep tonight.

Fullcourt likes this.
  14. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Bryant didn't have anything to do with that. Luc dunking was his own fault, but MDA playing him was the real culprit.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I think he'll be ready sooner than you think.

Mazulis and bulkatron like this.
  16. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

All the folks on here saying he shouldnt be playing need to do some simple math. Even if D’Antoni were to rest his top players you still need 8 or 9 guys to get through an NBA game. With 13 players on the roster that means MBah AMoute was going to have to play since he falls just outside the top 5 or 6 players on the team.

Deuce, darksoul35, carib and 5 others like this.
  17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Green or Ariza are fully capable of chasing play Thompson around. If you really think the minutes burden on those guys is enough to derail the rockets, they weren't going to win anyway. I don't agree with the idea that luc getting hurt causes a disastrous snow-ball effect, as you and others are arguing.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

lol people be worried about Durant.

Durant doesn't play for Utah, bros

Mazulis, pippendagimp and mrm32 like this.
  19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Joe Johnson sucks btw

bulkatron likes this.
  20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

What's Chuck Hayes doing nowadays....