1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lowry, Ish Smith, Aaron Brooks, Lin, Toney Douglas, Dragic, Canaan: ALL higher PERs than any Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Dec 31, 2015.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Now why don't you sort that out by playoff elimination games to see what a choke job that was.

2. Solaris

Solaris Member

Harden doesn't make good decisions when facilitating. Actually, he doesn't not really facilitate, he only passes when the clock is down to few seconds and he can't drive. Is he really playing as a PG by that definition? What do you think is a PG's main job?

Its more like we don't have anyone playing as a PG...

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize we were discussing playoff choke jobs and whose was worse.

I thought we were trying to discuss with actual evidence what disqualifies Harden from being a good point guard/playmaker.

So far anytime someone has brought up something I have easily disproved it with actual evidence to which they then just change the argument to something else.

Kind of like you just did.

I know you think you are one of the brighter basketball minds around here and think that I am a no nothing, cherry picking stat lover, but I'd wager most people find your over the top yelling and screaming without substance to be one of the bigger jokes on the board.

Heck number 1 took a shot at you not too long ago because your posting is generally a joke. I respect DD and many of the other people I disagree with when I can tell they know a thing or two about what they are saying, have some semblance of stats to back things up and don't just mindlessly yell innaccurate hyperbole every other post. But we all know that's not your thing.

4. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Nobody enjoys playing with Harden. I do even think Harden would enjoy playing with Harden. One of them would have to go.....

5. THE_TRUTH_HURTS

Bev is fine next to Harden. He brings what we need toughness and 3 point shooting. The others didn't. No pg is going to look spectacular next to Harden but that is fine. Harden more than carries the offensive load for both. If you really want to look maybe you should compare guard combos and see how they rank.

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Were not getting rid of either of them! ... :eek:

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's not really true. I know it looks like it. I swear I feel that way sometimes because he does do it quite often.

But that's not what he can only do. He can be a great facilitator IF he makes his move quicker. We've seen him do that countless times. I don't know what gets into his head that he has to break down his defender by dribbling and dribbling. Someone needs to wash that idea clean from his head.

8. sew

sew Member

Any of the PG's mentioned in OP would likely be sucking it up if they were on the Rockets.

It's the system.

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

If these guys haven't gotten it by now and they keep making the same mistakes over and over again.......

They probably aren't going to get it.

This is not a work on your skills kind of thing in general with this team. They just make awful decisions over and over again. Don't give effort. Don't play smart basketball.

They've been doing dumb things for a while now. It's ingrained in the team's DNA.

10. basketballholic

The ideal point guard for this team is Ricky Rubio.
    Harden is the same player. The league has caught up to him. He's not a point guard. He's a great player. He'd be even greater if he played off the ball alongside a point guard that could distribute, finish, and keep the turnovers down. Can you imagine what it would be like to have a 2 to 3 advantage in turnover count? I'm telling you we'd be playing around .750 ball if this current bunch could simply create a positive differential of 2 turnovers.

But you can only dream about that type of scenario. Because it ain't gonna happen. Harden would rather suck all the life out of the starting unit and leave the more efficient distributor on the bench to play with the second unit than to let the more efficient distributor get him and the starters going early by serving them up dimes while conserving Harden's energy so he can smash against our opponents back up unit. Harden is simply too stubborn to accept playing off the ball, alongside a star/superstar point guard who can make plays without an abundance of turnovers, and become the back up playmaker by leading the second unit himself. So because that's not a possibility Morey has to stand on his head trying to get just the perfect pieces around Harden to attempt to win a championship. We should wish him luck.

11. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Explain this.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I do miss Kyle Bulldog Lowry... but not at the expense of having Harden (Lowry trade led to Harden)... i don't expect the Raptors to make any noise in the playoffs...

The Ty Lawson move was a GREAT move.

The problem is the coaching and Lawson's passiveness. The team needed either coaching to create a stronger system for Lawson to slide into, or Lawson to not play scared, which he has from day one unfortunately.

Imagine Ty Lawson with, say Westbrook's attitude, but not skill level. Of course that would work. To that point, Harden and Westbrook did work together and certainly still would. Just like Harden and Curry could work together.

In fact, the reason Harden and PBev seem to work the best thus far is because Bev just goes out there and plays his game, assertively. His game isn't great, but he plays it aggressively. Just like Terry does.

Even with his improved play of late, there's way too much passiveness in Lawson, for whatever reason.

13. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Totally agree with you..... He could be one of the best IF he put the desire, effort and work into it...

T_Man

14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

STOP with all these B.S.

In the NBA, role players aren't suppose to stick with a team for long time. They come and go all the time. And some players work with a team and system and some don't and if they don't you let them go. I'm tire of seeing these thread pop up.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Lol he mad.

I got some kool aid to calm you down

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Again. Didn't really expect any different of a response.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

LMAO... great new years chuckle :grin: