1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lowest point in Rockets franchise history?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Nov 14, 2015.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I can't remember a time where we had so high expectations and yet failed so epically. Losing to a Dallas D-League team at home is the final straw. It can't get any lower than this.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lowest? No.

Most disappointing give expectations? Quite possibly.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You must have been sleeping during the first round Rockets-Jazz series coached by Gundy.

Plenty of embarrassing records were set during that one.

4. TheresTheDagger

Lowest regular season moment I've experienced in 25+ years of fandom. Does that count?

5. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

We're 10 games in. We'll be ok. We'll either make a roster change or a coaching change. Why is this such a low point. It's obvious Dwight isn't 100%, our best post player still hasn't played a game this season. And that's where we are really getting killed. Plus we still have James harden. He's a top 10 player,idc if he is in a drought.

This is a respectable franchise and I know they recognize when change need to be made, unlike the freaking texans

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It depends on what happens from here on out. If this is one of those "darkest before the dawn" moments kinda like Game 2 vs Phoenix in 1994, then I'd have to say no. We're only 10 games in. It's not too late to salvage this season if Les and Morey are willing to bite the bullet and can McHale now instead of later.

If they wait however out of loyalty, stubborness, or Les being a tightwad, then this entire season will likely wind up being one of the lowest points in the history of the franchise.

7. ling ling

ling ling Member

Consistently being the team with the best record not to make the playoffs?

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree with you, but I was stop using any combination of "Its only", "small sample", "it's early". You might start a riot.

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

After watching that game and logging on to Cfans I busted out laughing when I saw this thread haha.

10. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

This is much, much worse than "PHILADELPHIA"

Chuck Hayes was the leader who went off on everyone with the "Philadelphia" speech that led to a 22 game win streak. Unfortunately he was waived before we lost to the Nets. Because he would be the one who would say "BROOKYLN? BROOKLYN!!!!" But he wasn't there so then we lost to Brooklyn and then we lost to a lottery Mavs missing all their starters.

It's easily the worst moment in Rockets History when considering what is going on juxtaposed with our talent and expectation level this year.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Guess you are young, which explains part of it.

"One of the great teams ever assembled."

12. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I'll take this lose over a Kevin Martin led win any and every day.

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

it has to be up there. there are no words for how terrible, pathetic, embarassing the rockets have been so far. no words, no excuses, no nothing.

14. deshen

deshen Member

High expectation for this team?
    Never exist after Josh Smith left for Clippers.

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

They'll probably be OK once they decide to pull their heads out of heir collective asses. As I see it, they sort of strolled into the season expecting to pick right up where they left off in the WCF. Harden is still in Kardashian Land and Howard is well, somewhere. There's nobody on this team who sets a championship tone (especially on defense) and as a result this team is lazy and very streaky. But that's the Rockets for you. Oh and you guys have NO idea what a lowest moment is for this team. I seem to recall a game in the 70s at Hofheinz Pavilion where only 200 people showed up. Now that's what I call a legitimate low point in Rocket's franchise history.

#15 HillBoy, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  16. count_dough-ku

I was saying "it's only 10 games in" from the standpoint that we can still turn this around IF we make major changes(i.e. fire McHale and his entire staff). I'm way past being naive enough to believe things will just fix themselves if we simply wait this out patiently.

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Exactly, those were some dark days.

14th pick anyone?

18. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Maybe relative to their expectations? But I can imagine there's been worse

19. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

91/320 for 28% on 3's so far

26th rated defense

it's a miracle we even won 4 games.

20. count_dough-ku

They barely beat OKC, needed OT to beat the Magic at home, and eeked out wins in Sactown and LA against teams who were both missing their best players.

Honestly, OKC is the only quality win the Rockets have had this season and even that was a game that saw them down big in the first half before rallying for the close W.

I'm not exaggerating. If they don't make a change soon, this team will struggle to win 40 games.