1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Love to Ariza

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Samiam1234, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

I know we are all excited about CPkey being the key to unlock homeRyno, and Capela feasting off of Harden and CP3's assist buffet, but Ariza has quietly averaged 14.2 ppg shooting 52% from 3 point line since arrival of the maestro. I know both ryno, and Ariza are taking and making open shots, but still he has been a big part of our success.

2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Ariza is critical to this team. We take him for granted.

Dude is always healthy, unselfish, loves the city of houston, plays defense, and is a great locker room guy.

3. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

absolutely I agree.. I know we talk about him on the game threads, but he doesn't get alot of threads made for him.. He gives us alot of the Shane Battier defense with better offense.

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is the top image result when you search "Trevor Ariza Love"

[​IMG]

Ariza Love tap.

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

6. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i feel like he's benefitting from better passes from Paul, and also from Tucker and Moute taking some of the defensive load off of him, keeping his legs more fresh for offense.

BigMaloe, Mathloom, DudeWah and 2 others like this.
  7. Salvy

Salvy Member

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

This was the case last year too. Everybody loved fresh leg Ariza and then were ready to burn him at the stake in the second half of the year.

I just want everybody to know before they bring out their pitchforks that 52% is not sustainable throughout the year. So, when he starts to miss shots later, remember this thread and how is a key to this team even if he cant dribble out of a paper bag.

9. Daddy Long Legs

You want teammates like ariza, not chandsome

Reeko likes this.
  10. Daddy Long Legs

Salvy likes this.
  11. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

he does this every year. always starts off hot. cool down and goes cold in the playoffs. hopefully it's different this year

Little Bit likes this.
  12. aroundtheblock2

No offense to James Harden, but I think CP3 puts out better passes to guys like Ariza and Anderson. CP3's passes are on the money while Harden has great passes, most of the time his passes to guys outside the 3-pt line are kind of wonky and force them to hesitate on the shot.

hakeem94, mathor, Wylo and 1 other person like this.
  13. Wylo

Wylo Member

Harden is more creative with his passing, but CP3's precision and accuracy - to go along with his superb decision-making - is second to none.

hakeem94 and mathor like this.
  14. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

His fg%and 3pt% have both gone up in the postseason since he's been with us. You simply aren't telling the truth and it's not right

rockbox likes this.
  15. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Truthiness here....

hakeem94 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Ariza started out last year shooting 37.8% from three then dropped. I felt like he lost his legs some towards the end of the season. He's at 38.5% now and he's playing fewer minutes and putting up more threes. I know we were short handed earlier this season, but I'm really hoping we can keep his legs fresh for the playoffs. Dude is important to what we do.

saleem and da_juice like this.
  17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I love to ariza as well

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is the unsung hero.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I admit I underrate him.

20. seeingred

seeingred Member

watching him switch with luc/tucker and paul, with Capela waiting at the rim is a thing of beauty. The dark days of sticking ariza on their best player and hoping he can hang through the picks are gone. He's better rested, having more fun, and hitting more shots because the weight of the defense isn't all on him. This guy was with us during the Dwightmare year and, though we always have roster churn, I think it really says something that 1) Morey's kept him and 2) multiple coaches play him every minute they can.