1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lost in all these new uniform threads ...the new Mavs road jersey.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tigereye, Aug 17, 2010.

Tags:
  1. shsu33

shsu33 Member

That shop will never close! Cowgirls, Mavpricks, Wranglers, Southstars and BURN will always be hated by this Houston native! :grin:

2. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

All that happened was that the whole NBA went to a new uniform fabric. The fabric made some uni's look a little different color wise and some of the collars were updated to flow better with the new material. Minor stuff, not whole new uniform designs. Only teams to do that were the Clippers, Warriors, and the Jazz.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Man, those Warriors jerseys are NICE. I'm pretty tired of the Rockets jerseys....I want something more classic, and simple. No more shiny red space suits, no more flying blue sex toys on pajamas.....give me a traditional, clean jersey without all the frills that can pass the test of time.

4. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

You got your wish! No more dazzle/shiny uni's!

5. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Next press release will read: Players now returning to wear short shorts instead of the baggy skater shorts.

I like classic looks but some just aren't that great. This retro Jazz jersey is better than than the previous one, but not by that much.

So is the reason for the all the V-neck jersey's because players were mad about Bacon necks? Why not just get Hanes to make jerseys then?

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

did the spurs tweak their unis as well?

7. Ditty

Ditty Member

The spurs just changed to the v-neck style and no longer have the stripes on the waistband

They were photos on adidas.com of Tim Duncan wearing a new all black Spurs jersey which IMO looks pretty nice, it looks like they took down the photo. Ill try finding the photo on the internet, if not ill take a picture of the jersey he was wearing at that time because they were selling them at champs in the malls in San Antonio so I have that jersey. :grin:

new jerseys:
    http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/10...B9AA48A4BB3B550DDAD3E39444E9BE30A760B0D811297

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/multimedia/photo_gallery/1008/2010.rookie.photo.shoot/images/26.jpg

old jerseys:
    http://cdn3.sbnation.com/entry_phot..._san_antonio_spurs_v_phoenix_suns__game_2.jpg

8. tigereye

tigereye Member

You're thinking of this.

[​IMG]

Problem here is this is a Photoshop job. All of the jerseys pictured have the official NBA and Adidas logos on them, but the Spurs' has neither.

And those Spurs jersey's you saw in SA malls ...they are likely the Iceman Throwbacks, the best NBA jersey of all time. Clean.

[​IMG]

9. Ditty

Ditty Member

yah there you go son yah everyone says its a photoshop but there sold at the champs in the malls in san antonio so im not sure but yah I wish the spurs would go back with the old uniforms with "san antonio" on the front