1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looks like all signs point to Kubiak being fired.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Stack24, Dec 28, 2010.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

1. Rick Smith should be fired in addition to Kubiak

2. What sense would it make to discuss the DC position with candidates if you haven't even hired the head coach (unless Mike Sherman is already the choice)?

If these rumors are true, the Texans are a hopeless organization.

2. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cowboys did this (had Garrett as the OC before naming a HC), worked out well for them, right?

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

No joke. He's finally turned around the football program at A&M and he's going to bail already?

Mike Sherman's record as an NFL coach is pretty good however, and has been successful as an NFL head coach.

2000 9 7
    2001 12 4
    2002 12 4
    2003 10 6
    2004 10 6
    2005 4 12

I would take a Sherman-Phillips combination over a Kubiak-Phillips combo, but still prefer to get Cowher

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Sherman would be way less of a culture shock. He'd probably want Kubiak on board LOL. Kubiak would prefer Denver to TAMU?

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

This A&M-Denver-Texans nepotism triangle makes me want to vomit.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

It's one big happy family err group of friends!

7. Berkmaniac

Berkmaniac Member

Agreed on all counts. We would be truly hopeless. If Kubiak is fired and Smith remains, there is no progress in my mind. Get both out of here.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

9. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

This. (though I would throw in Colorado State as well, though presumably without Kubiak the college Rams would presumably lose most favored nation status)

10. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

Did anyone listen to the Eric Winston show on SR610? They were doing the 2 min drill where they play a bunch of pre recorded calls for Eric to respond to. Surprise, surprise, all the calls were pro Kubiak. 610 has become an absolute joke.

11. Raven

Raven Member

Bringing back Smith is unthinkable. Could Uncle Bob truly be that inept?

12. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Fire yourself Rick!

13. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Draft: This was a situation where Kubiak was allowed to bring in Smith to be his puppet GM, he didn't have independent sway. It's my understanding he was not fully on board with the Jackson pick this year, but Kubiak has the final say.

How do you figure? We've got two pathetic jokes at DT that are nearly as big an issue as our outmatched DBs. One NT replaces them both with a single pick/signing. Antonio Smith is already a good fit for the 3-4, and Mario is good enough that he should transition and be okay. Finding an edge rusher LB isn't really all that difficult.

The fair point to be made is, you can't implement a 3-4 AHEAD of installing your NT. Key to the whole thing. Get a stud like Suh, and everything else falls into place quickly and easily. Get ahead of yourself like Shanahan in Washington, and you have a mish mashed disaster on your hands.

I'm not optimistic Fairley or Paea could make it as a NT. Not sure if there are good options out there in FA either - need someone good enough and young enough....and that'll mean a MAJOR purchase for Budget Bob.

Wade: If he's simply brought in as DC....okay. If they are planning on bringing in two big name coordinators and limiting the power of both.....okay. If they are earmarking Phillips as HC? I'm done with this team until they demonstrate to me that they give a rat's ass about being a contender.

1. Yes
    2. It's *possible* that he's only staying in the same way that Casserly did.

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I wonder if Wade's knowledge of the 3-4 is that much more than that of his 4-3. I wonder what the gap is.....?

Anyway, I think Wade is a good DC. I no longer wanted him to coach the Cowboys, but he knows a good bit about defense.

15. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

I wouldn't be too upset at all with Wade manning the D if we get a stout, MAN'S man like Cowher running the ship.

Besides, wouldn't it be great to have him flourish after being let go by the Dbags? The pathetic Dallas fans in Houston would crap themselves.

1 person likes this.
  16. ROCKET RICH NYC

ROCKET RICH NYC Contributing Member

Sunday's game is Fan Appreciation day. What better way to give the fans what they want - a new Coach! ;)

17. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

who the hell is Mike Sherman..? and why are they going after College coach.. WTF

18. Disciple of RP

You can't be f..king serious. Is it really? REALLY? If that isn't irony...I don't know WTF is. WOW.

19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

So McNair is going to make the new headcoach take Wade as his D.C.? I thought a guy like Cowher or Gruden would want to bring their own peeps in here.

20. Disciple of RP

[​IMG]