1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looks like all signs point to Kubiak being fired.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Stack24, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Looks like he's gone according to Lance..Maybe should change out the

http://houston.sbnation.com/houston...mith-to-hire-new-coach-texans-coaching-rumors

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Lock. Ban.

Edit: Lol the title has been changed to a third version in 60 seconds. LOL

Edit2: For Context, original title: "Kubiak Fired!!!!"

3. edwardc

edwardc Member

If this is true good move for the Texans and the fans of Houston.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

please please please let this be true

we don't need our jackass coach trying to win a pointless game

5. Egghead

Egghead Member

6. imasonamagun

imasonamagun Member

Christmas Miracle? I Effing Hope So!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

7. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Fingers crossed

9. Prince

Prince Member

He should step down. It's not entirely his fault but you cannot fire the whole roster.

10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Actually Smith and the entire personnel dept should be following Kubiak out the door - especially those folks who were here messing things up with the C&C Idiot Factory.

#10 HillBoy, Dec 28, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  11. Mattj

Mattj Member

Rick Smith keeping his job would be a joke. The drafts have sucked while he has been employed. If the Texans don't start from scratch, you will know nothing has changed in terms of this franchise's commitment to winning. Make a case for him to stick around, other than, Bob likes him.

12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

ESPN is reporting texans are in talks with wade phillips for dc. If this happens my head will explode.

13. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Could NOT agree more. For a team as talent hungry as the Texans, it boggles my mind how bad their drafts have been since Rick Smith has come on-board full-time. Richard Justice of the Chronicle had this blog posting a week or so back.

Smith's best work to-date has been bringing in street free agents who have filled in nicely, but that in itself is damning with faint praise, right? If that's his sweet spot, make him director of pro scouting and leave the draft to someone else.

2010: Kareem Jackson (bust so far, no recovery speed), Ben Tate (injured in pre-season, out for the season, already have Foster), Earl Mitchell (rotation player), Darryl Sharpton (didn't see the field until late in the year, might be best pick of the lot), Garret Graham (another TE, insurance for Daniels next year), Sherrick McManis (Special teams), Shelley Smith (practice squad), Trindon Holliday (injured in pre-season, out for the season), Dorin Dickerson (Project WR).

2009: Brian Cushing (needs to prove rookie year wasn't a PED-induced fluke), Connor Barwin (injured first game of 2010, out for the year), Antoine Caldwell (rotation player), Glover Quin (best CB on the team before Jason Allen came on-board), Anthony Hill (wasted pick on TE), James Casey (special teams guy), Brice McCain (should never see the field except for ST), Troy Nolan (might be our FS of the future).

2008: Duane Brown (solid(?) starter, Matt Schaub pick, Antwaun Molden (always hurt, Special teams guy), Steve Slaton (great rookie year, injures have plagued his production), Xavier Adibi (always hurt, Special teams guy), Frank Okam (cut), Dominique Barber (cut), Alex Brink (cut)

2007: Amobi Okoye (bust - could've had Revis), Matt Schaub pick, Jacoby Jones (inconsistent at best), Fred Bennett (cut in 2010), Brandon Harrison (cut), Brandon Frye (cut), Kasey Studdard (just a guy), Zach Diles (our worst LB starter, but a starter).

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

disgusting

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Whats with the Mike Sherman talk? I'm an Aggie, I feel like I can't comment or something. I don't think I'd want Sherman coaching the Texans and it doesn't have anything to do with him leaving TAMU.

16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Now that's a huge PROBLEM. Wade's defenses use the 3-4. The Texans have been retooling to a 4-3 for what? 5 years now? They simply don't have enough of the right personnel to make the switch quickly. For example: who will be the NT? Who will play the 4 LB spots and so on. This could take a couple of years to shake out and I'm not too certain that folks here are willing to wait that long for results.

17. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

No ****, I'm banging my head against the wall. How many p*****s can one organization have?

We need to change the whole culture of the team, the whole mentality. With Wade and Gary we will have the most pussified team in the league.

They may have to turn our jerseys into tube tops.

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I thought the same thing at first, but like others pointed out, they are already the worst defense in the NFL with the current 4-3, so switching to a 3-4 could not make them any worse. they dont have the current personnel to run a 4-3 either. For linebackers, Demeco and Sharpton would start in the middle with Cushing and Mario/Barwin on the outside. Both of them are probably big enough to play DE as well. That certainly leaves a large gap at NT, but they can toss money at someone like Aubrayo Franklin to fill the void while they get a competent rookie.

19. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

This season has proven to me that anything is possible.

20. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I thought Wade Phillips was supposed to be a defensive mastermind...or at the very least, a proven defensive coordinator. Who the hell cares what kind of system he brings and what personnel we have for it, because you can't go anywhere but up with the defense we've had!

1 person likes this.