1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Looking for Work in H-Town

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JuanValdez, May 16, 2000.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm looking to return to the homeland from the Frozen North at the end of this summer and I'm hoping to find some work before I get down there. I was hoping perhaps some of the BBS-folk knew of some positions or companies I'd want to look into. I know IROC-it tried this with dubious success, but I'm hoping cc.netters have more contacts in Houston than in Dallas.

It's hard to describe what I'm looking for because I haven't been able to greatly narrow the field of my interest. My best characterization may be: some sort of office job with an analytical component. I'm interested in a lot of different fields, though, and would be happy to listen to any leads people might have. It seems many people here have an IT bent - I don't have any qualifications to pursue anything there, I doubt. I do have a BA from a good school and experience in an economic/litigative consulting firm, though.

Anyone with a suggestion can email me at: sgafford@lexecon.com , or you can post it here.

------------------

[This message has been edited by JuanValdez (edited May 16, 2000).]

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Dum de dum de dum...

Oh hey, JV... just passing through... carry on.

------------------
    ?

3. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

IMHO, I think you need to come across as being VERY specific in exactly what kind of job you want (even if you aren't sure in your head) Hiring managers want that "perfect person" for each position. Most people don't want to put their own ass on the line to say, "hey, why don't you hire my buddy--he's a nice guy who wants some sort of office job with an analytical component." With the info you gave us, I would think that about the best anyone could do for you is to suggest all the job search engines and www.chron.com.

------------------
    stop posting my damn signature

[This message has been edited by Pole (edited May 17, 2000).]

4. JuanValdez

Did you say something, JV?

------------------
    Looking for work in Houston. If you know of something I might be interested in, email me at sgafford@lexecon.com .

5. JuanValdez

Pole, you're right. So how's about I narrow my request to what I know I'm good at:

Does anyone know of consulting companies in Houston that do litigation, economics, or political risk?