1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looking for help

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by austinite, Dec 4, 2007.

1. austinite

austinite Contributing Member

Unfortunately, I was a casualty of the mortgage downturn and lost my job today. I was the second highest producer in Austin so it was very shocking to be let go. I am still living in Austin and would like to stay in this city. I have 2 years + in the mortgage industry and 4 years in the insurance industry as an underwriter. This is a very difficult time for me and my wife as she is pregnant with our first child. I am looking in either the mortgage or finance industry and just wanted to see if anyone new of any people hiring this time of year. (I also have my appraisal trainee license) Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

2. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

sorry to hear man.

this isn't a job per se, but you should take a look at becoming an independent broker for primerica selling financial products, i.e. insurance, loans, investments. i'm sure they have offices there. i'll be upfront with you. it IS a multi-level marketing company but it is a legitimate one.

i used to be an agent with them several years ago, so i'm not just telling you this to make any money. i made money while i was there, but i really wasn't cut out for it at the time since i was young and in college. it's NOT a get rich quick scheme. but it'll definitely supplement your income once your licensed and making sales

3. austinite

austinite Contributing Member

Thanks for the advice, I was almost hired by them out of school but chose the work for Mercury Insurance instead.

I have accounts with Monster and WorkAustin, does anyone know of any better job search engines out there?

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear about this. Really horrible timing. Good luck- sounds like your resume is rock solid.

You could always go into insurance sales. Everyone needs insurance it pays fairly well.