1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looking ahead: The long-term scandal fallout

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by topfive, Jan 17, 2020.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

Did it stop? Unlikely. There was no logical reason to stop. They were dominating. And the cheating is why we kept winning. The only team that beat us, the team that knew what we were doing. It’s a simple puzzle.

#41 PhiSlammaJamma, Jan 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  2. PhiSlammaJamma

The cheating was more like the amazon flywheel. Very effective and absolutely circular in its evolution.

#42 PhiSlammaJamma, Jan 19, 2020
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

Same way. It’s not hard. Video and relay.

#43 PhiSlammaJamma, Jan 19, 2020
  4. msn

msn Member

The MLB investigation was a necessity due to direct witness testimony. What you are doing is a witch hunt. A lot like those guys who state as fact that Bagwell did steroids. I find out arrogant, personally. If you want to believe that stuff and support your position, that's one thing. But to state that stuff as fact with only circumstantial BS as your "proof" and to state, as you did earlier, that "sane people" are the ones who see it your way is complete and utter BS.

You have no proof whatsoever. Just your interpretation of things and your cynical view of human nature. Bully for you.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

The Astros admitted doing it. It’s no witch hunt. They got caught. Period. Even the Astros confirmed it.

6. msn

msn Member

The Astros admitted 2017 and 2018. Your instance on anything further is a witch hunt, characterized as it is by a circumstantial narrative for which there are multiple interpretations possible. That is a text book witch hunt.

everyday eddie, The Beard and lnchan like this.
  7. SemisolidSnake

I hope people aren't stupid enough to wear their Astros gear to other ballparks. That might be actual suicide depending on the city.

8. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Ah, so your “logic” is more evidence than the mlb investigation. What reason would Mlb have to lie about when it ended

You can go be a yankee fan now and we will continue to whip yalls ass

9. The Beard

i will wear mine anywhere I go, always have, always will

everyday eddie, King1 and UTSA2step like this.
  10. PhiSlammaJamma

The Astros didn’t tell the whole story and Mlb didn’t ask. Dumbest report and investigation of all time. The report never provided any evidence anything ended. No testimony, no evidence, nothing. They just wrote it into existence. It was don’t ask and don’t tell. You aren’t even siding with the owner and team, making you the yankee fan. I’m in solidarity with the team admitting We done and did it.

#50 PhiSlammaJamma, Jan 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  11. The Beard

lol, ok mr investigator, thanks for the inside info

can’t wait till we beat y’all AGAIN this year, but I’m sure you will say we are still cheating and mlb is just turning a blind eye

everyday eddie likes this.
  12. PhiSlammaJamma

They won’t cheat now because they got caught. That’s the moment when cheaters are done. It’s a story as old as time. Never any different. Hinch had every opp to end it, didn’t do it, because that’s what cheaters do, they go until caught.

13. Nook

Nook Member

There is zero evidence they cheated last year and were a handful of outs from winning the World Series last year.

14. CinematicFusion

But we didn’t cheat in 18/19 playoffs. Won and lost those games legit.

15. CinematicFusion

That’s why Yankees stopped. They got caught in 15.... then again in 17 along with Red Sox’s. I’m sure both those teams stopped... not because they had some respect for the playoffs... they got caught.

“the Athletic published a story
    reporting that a) MLB will investigate claims that the Red Sox used their video replay room to decode opponents' signs in 2018 and b) the Yankees did the same beginning in 2015.
    No one is denying that some Yankees used their video room in 2015-17 to decode signs, as The Athletic reported. “

Mets, whites Sox of 80’s never got caught.

16. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

I dunno Buck, Olney reports Stros are going to get hit.

I think we'll get boo'd mercilessly. No Stros is going to get an award. This isn't going to die down this year. Let opposing pitchers throw at us, and we should throw back. Let this team take that us against the world mentality, cause this team is still really good.

But let's be realistic. Most of the time people just don't give a **** about Houston or the Stros. Now they have a reason to hate us, and no way to get back to zero. We're being mentioned with the ****ing Black Sox, a team that literally THREW the World Series. No, I don't think that's proportionate to the offense, but it IS what is happening. You gonna have to come to terms with Astros hating for awhile.

#56 HayesStreet, Jan 21, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2020
  17. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Circumstantial evidence is...evidence. Get used to it. Jomboy's video of all those at bats where you can hear thumping IS evidence. How good the evidence is - that's another question. But stop saying there is no "proof" there was cheating. There IS.

18. SS0101

SS0101 Member

I think careers are already affected. Altuve's hall of fame chances, for example, have been cut in half imo. That rumor was nasty and I dont see how it can even be proven that it didnt happen (even though we know it is unlikely and believe the report). Many, at best, just feel like "we will never know."

19. SS0101

SS0101 Member

The fact that McCann and Gattis havent...i think speaks volumes. And not in a good way (if the truth is what you are after anyways).

lw17 likes this.
  20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member