1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Longhorns Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by ItsMyFault, Nov 12, 2010.

Tags:
  1. eman

eman Contributing Member

Hamilton, Thompson, and Joseph are playing well. It's Gary Johnson's improvement that's really pushed the team up a notch. He's making strong, aggressive, low-post moves, and finishing.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

2 very good wins in a row for the Horns. Even if UNC is down again, they're still UNC and it was in Greensboro. Add to that ending MSU's 52 game non-conference home winning streak (last one was to Duke in 2003).

This season's version of Hamilton is like night and day from last year. Better shot selection and better decision making overall. Averaging just under 20 ppg, with 7 reb and 2.5 assists. I only hope he can keep it up through conference play.

3. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

If Rick Barnes could ever teach his team how to shoot free throws they could be a final four team this year.

Great defense, good in transition and they are attacking the rim instead of settling for 3's on set plays.

Overall much better chemistry with Avery Bradley not around.

Hope Joseph, Thompson and Hamilton are around next year with Kabongo coming in..could be a championship team.

4. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Agreed, FTs are the key -- Balbay, the starting PG in his 4th year under Barnes, is atrocious at the charity stripe. 67% this season, and 50% as a junior, 45% as a sophomore.

5. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

I like Thompson's game. He can really jump too. I could be wrong, but he seems like he could really skyrocket himself up draft charts if he stays for 2 seasons, but hey...its still early.

LOVE Hamilton's game. Paul Pierce/JR Smith combo for me. I know some people say that he likes to shoot too much, but I don't see that as a bad thing right now.

Like someone said earlier, I think Texas needs to shoot better from the FT stripe. If they get things figured out, I think that they can go far this year.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Horns looked REALLY good last night. Fun game to watch.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Avery Bradley wasn't the problem, Jordan Hamilton was. The team last year had no true scorers. Hamilton played with his head up his ass last season, if he had played like this last year they would have been a title contender.

8. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Thompson has a ton of potential and his versatility makes him a very intriguing prospect. Hopefully he stays another year because his stock could skyrocket if he can improve his jumper.

Hamilton is a pure scorer and I think the 2nd season under Barnes is really helping him with his team and defensive game. I think Pierce/Smith drive to the basket much more than Jordan does. NBAdraft.net compares him to Walt Williams which is a pretty good comparison IMO, he's got a good 3-point shot and has the size to dribble and pull up over defenders.

9. Sanity2disChaos

Rox need to take a long look at Thompson......long,athletic and skilled.

10. Xcellerator

Xcellerator Member

Don't need anymore undersized power forwards.

Unfortunately, there are no real centers in this draft for us either. :/

11. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Jordan Hamilton would be a nice addition at SF.

Good at attacking the rim and plays good defense and could learn alot from Shane.

12. leroy

2 tough non-conference games (tonight vs. Arkansas & Sat @ UCONN) before heading into what might be the best Big 12 season, yet. Currently 5 teams ranked (only behind Big East's 7). Missouri, A&M, Kansas and Texas look like real Final 4 possibilities. KSU is very good and OkSt & Baylor are always tough. I don't think ISU, CU, and Nebraska are as good as their records indicate.

Should be another fun conference season. I'm looking forward to going to the UT/ou game on the 15th.

13. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Are there any streams for this game?

14. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I'll be at the UT vs UConn game :cool:

15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

just got my tickets yesterday. i'll be there too. :)

16. stab

stab Member

They had a great 1st half of the season last year before flaming out big-time, but I like the way they are playing...FT shooting will be their undoing come tourney time though

17. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

lol. That game was like playing high 3A high school players. THAT was an ass whoopin'.

18. leroy

I'm not sure if the Arkansas boys had their mind on the Sugar Bowl...but that just wasn't the game I expected it to be.

19. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Horns have been playing well. Haven't been able to catch every game since I've been kind of busy, but it's nice to see that they're 12-2.

20. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I've seen all but 1, and it seems like they've really started to gel after the horrific USC loss. These freshman kids are playin' ball!