1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lol at the idiots who think Westbrick is more clutch than james

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htowngenius, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Htowngenius

Htowngenius Member

Argued about this today. James is top 5 clutchest in the league today. Much rather ball in the hands of James then Westbrick.

He said well look at that last game....the guy shot a horrible deep three and got lucky, plain and simple.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I wonder if the last few weeks of "clutchness" from Westbrook makes up for how bad he was earlier in the season.

this thread could get ugly.

FANfrom86toNow and Ramo$e like this.
  3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Too much westbrook talk honestly. Hes not a rocket. Let him do him. Lets do us and win a 1st round series

Ramo$e, Yung-T, roslolian and 5 others like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Westbrook has been more clutch than Harden this season, it's really not debatable.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Homer Rocket fans have alternative facts. I keep hearing that Westbrook led his team to the 10th seed. Bro we are playing them in the first round.

swyyyguy likes this.
  7. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

Dude seriously???? Is that how you're reading that????

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

But wesbrick led his team of d-leaguers to the playoffs...and avg 2 more Reb. Per game. :rolleyes:
    We will see how clutch he is when his team falls 0-3 to the swag champs!:mad::mad::mad:

9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I'd rather hear about Westbrook anyday over the last 2yrs of Steven jock riding on espn

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, bruh...people are saying that he's lead them to the 10th best record in the NBA while Harden has led the Rockets to the 3rd best record in the NBA

Did u really think that people were saying that Westbrook had led his team to the 10th seed in the Western Conference?

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

When the Thunder lose to the Rox in the first round, the press will be all "Well, Russ couldn't do everything."

Meanwhile, Harden will have kicked the Thunder's collective ass with a team with similar overall talent, and the press will be saying, "The Rockets were just too deep for the Thunder to overcome."

slothy420 and juanm34 like this.
  12. rocketsmetalspd

Watching NBAtv convincing the peeps on how Westbrook besides averaging a triple is number one in PIE(PIE measures a player's overall statistical contribution against the total statistics in games they play in. PIE yields results which are comparable to other advanced statistics (e.g. PER) using a simple formula.(PTS + FGM + FTM - FGA - FTA + DREB + (.5 * OREB) + AST + STL + (.5 * BLK) - PF - TO) / (GmPTS + GmFGM + GmFTM - GmFGA - GmFTA + GmDREB + (.5 * GmOREB) + GmAST + GmSTL + (.5 * GmBLK) - GmPF - GmTO)PIE measures a player's overall statistical contribution against the total statistics in games they play in. PIE yields results which are comparable to other advanced statistics (e.g. PER) using a simple formula.(PTS + FGM + FTM - FGA - FTA + DREB + (.5 * OREB) + AST + STL + (.5 * BLK) - PF - TO) / (GmPTS + GmFGM + GmFTM - GmFGA - GmFTA + GmDREB + (.5 * GmOREB) + GmAST + GmSTL + (.5 * GmBLK) - GmPF - GmTO) analysis in the NBA second is Davis from the Pelicans and 3rd is Harden. This is first time I have heard of this stats being used for MVP consideration. Damn I hate Fox he always has something negative to say about the Rockets. Like in 2015 MVP race I thought it was all about the Ws. Oh, well I hope Harden and team kills it in the playoffs. Go ROCKETS!!

13. K-Lo_The_Future

This man speaks the truth.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What was your argument that he was top 5 clutchest. How did you back that up?

Os Trigonum likes this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

In the last quarter of the season, then yeah. For the first 3/4 of the season, Westbrook was notorious for missing crucial shots in the last couple of minutes.

"Russ is great, but he isn't clutch" was a definite thing, but it seems like most of you Westbrook nuthuggers have conveniently forgotten that.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

I like how you're called a Westbrook nut hugger on here if you state a fact that happens to be in Westbrook's favor. GTFOH with that bull****. Westbrook has been clutch all season, u don't know what you're talking about. Clutch time is defined as the last 5 minutes of a game where the score is within 5. Westbrook has had the best +/- in the NBA during that time period along with a PER over 50. OKC has had the best or 2nd best net rating in the clutch the entire season, and that is all because of Westbrook. Westbrook wasn't notorious for anything this season, did u even watch him this year? I can bring up numerous game tying or game winning shots from the 1st 3/4 of the season by Westbrook.

17. Daddy Long Legs

lol these posts are the bomb.com

sometimes we need Os trigonum to lighten the mood and keep us all sane and laughing.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Clutch time stats from 82games.com (last 5 minutes of games + overtimes, neither team ahead by 5+ points):

Harden:
    129 minutes
    16 games with positive +/- in clutch
    21 games with negative +/- in clutch
    52.8 pts/48
    .561 TS%
    7.1 ast/48
    4.8 ast to bad pass ratio

Westbrook:
    148 minutes
    27 games with positive +/- in clutch
    11 games with negative +/- in clutch
    78.5 pts/48
    .564 TS%
    9.1 ast/48
    3.5 ast to bad pass ratio

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  20. Daddy Long Legs

i agree. i been saying the westbrook obsession on this board has gotten way too heavy over the past month