1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Local TV for Rockets new season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BornTexan, Jul 27, 2012.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Comtrash

2. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

After seeing your email I decided to do the same thing, and got the same response :mad:

My seasons SCREWED!!!

I'm sure if DIRECTV got more customers raising this issue, they may take it more seriously.

3. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Wow your customer service in Texas puts a lot more effort in bsing a decent reply than the CS help desk in CA.

4. dmoneybangbang

So what are the options for us without TV? Just League Pass broadband?

5. VanityHalfBlack

Please don't make me go back to Comcast, please!!!!

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Just received this link by email from the Astros about demanding your provider to carry Comcast SportsNet

http://view.ed4.net/v/KWBKHU/WH9VQU...6313787-358462310&source=ed-6313787-358462310

Hey Astros Fans!

Houston Astros Baseball is moving to Comcast SportsNet Houston next season. Comcast SportsNet will be the exclusive television home of the Houston Astros, with over 600 hours of dedicated Astros programming, including pre- and post-game coverage for every game. Original additional programming bringing you inside access behind the backstop and into the clubhouse. Launching on October 1st, Comcast SportsNet will be the premier source for the region's sports news, programming and analysis. Comcast SportsNet will deliver over 200 live professional events each year -- all produced in HD -- and will deliver in-depth coverage of all Houston area sports and sports news that matter most to the community 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

In addition to the Astros coverage, Comcast SportsNet will feature the Houston Rockets, major high school, collegiate and professional programming from around the five state region as well as other entertainment and sports programming - delivering over 2500 hours of original sports programming. The five state region includes Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, and parts of New Mexico.

The heart of the operation will be a newly constructed, state-of-the-art studio and production facility located in the Houston Pavilions entertainment complex in downtown Houston. Comcast SportsNet Houston is going back to its roots with a “boots on the ground” approach because being a fan is an inherently local passion and the network will be staffed by people who live in the Houston area and root for Houston teams

To ensure that you can watch all of your Astros games next season, make your voice heard. Please let your current TV Provider know that you want Comcast SportsNet added to your channel line-up. Demand it by visiting www.astros.com/iwantcsn or call 1-800-4-CSNHouston.

1 person likes this.
  7. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

I believe FOX Sports Network in Houston area was called FOX Sports Network Houston not FOX Sports Network Southwest in the past. I have no clue about this year. For those who live in Texas or neighborhood states but Houston area should be very careful to subscribe FOX Sports Network Southwest. You may not be able to watch Rox games. Instead, league pass may be a better choice. I live in Austin area (Cedar Park) and have been using league pass for many many years. I have been able to watch almost all Rox games.

8. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

somehow i do have an impression rox does move to own sports network with other houston teams.

9. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

THIS SHOULD BE A STICKY!!

Thanks Mad Max

10. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This may be the one small benefit of having Comcast. For once I can say thank goodness for Comcast.

12. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

With the Rockets having their own channel, does this make it easier for them to re-broadcast past games like career highs and such from 80s and 90s? I hope so, it doesn't make sense that they have for example only once or twice re-broadcasted the 1994 rockets streak 22-1 win @ spurs. Especially in the rebuilding period, we will crave the good old days and reliving past gems and rare great team or individual performances is part of that. Any news on the broadcasting team yet, still hoping for Calvin's comeback :)

13. Prince

Prince Member

just called tech support. i inquired and they said, yes, games will be shown only on NBA.TV if you subscribe to A300 package. what an idiot!

so that means no.

now i'm trying to decide whether to get comcast or directtv...

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

And crappy online streams.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Watch live NBA games wherever your are... with NBA League Pass! Act now for the 2012-13 Early Bird Offer! <a href="http://t.co/aMjNTLsm" title="http://on.nba.com/O9hyqL">on.nba.com/O9hyqL</a></p>&mdash; NBA (@NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBA/status/246715287670509568" data-datetime="2012-09-14T21:01:22+00:00">September 14, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. Prince

Prince Member

Wherever you are? Last time I bought, I couldn't watch rockets games here in Houston.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeah, it's in that darn size one print. Gotta read carefully. :p

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Looking at the list of Uverse channels on wiki shows they carry Regional Comcast channels in the basic U-100 plan; I think Att Uverse would carry a Comcast Houston.

19. dotcom

dotcom Member

Comcast Sports Network or CSN Houston will launch on October 1.

As of this moment, only Comcast subscribers will have that channel appear on Oct 1 (not sure what type of package is required).

If you want CSN Houston on Uverse, Directv, or Dish let your voice be heard. Demand for your provider to carry it. Start here - http://www.iwantcsnhouston.com/

20. sidestep

sidestep Member