1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Local TV for Rockets new season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BornTexan, Jul 27, 2012.

1. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

ill switch to comcast if uverse doesn't provide this channel.

2. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

Comcast sports network will be available for any provider. Each provider will work out a contract to show the channel.

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

In the Summer League, Donatas wore #20 and Lamb wore #1. It'll probably stay that way.

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

probably, but most of the time summer league numbers don't translate for rookies to their actual number....

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I hate OAR.

6. MONON

MONON Member

AMEN to that!

7. CowboyJeffR

CowboyJeffR Member

I have Dish Network, and I chatted with a Customer Service rep about this today. You never know if they 100% know what they are talking about, so take it for what its worth....

2 people like this.
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

No kidding. I talked to a Comcast rep and asked if the channel would be available on the economy package, and he had no clue what I was talking about. Then he said "uh... yeah... probably. Umm... yes, yes it will be."

::EDIT::

Talked to a different sales rep today and found out that it will not be included in the economy package. No sports channels are.

#28 Haymitch, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  9. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Thanks Cowboy...repped. I filled out the request you linked, hopefully Dish is listening. If they don't carry the Rocket's games, that will be the second time in three years. I had to get an additional provider while Dish was in negotiations with Fox in 2010 at the beginning of the season. Sux.

10. CowboyJeffR

CowboyJeffR Member

I missed 2-3 games in 2010 during those negotiations and I hope it doesn't happen again. Hopefully this person knows what they are talking about.

11. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Why you no like us?

[​IMG]

#31 emjohn, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  12. J-Red

J-Red Member

D-Mo signed before Lamb and he was #20 at last years press conference. Lamb took #1 for some reason, I thought he would have taken #3 like in college after Dragic left but Asik signed before him too so he will most likely stick to #1.

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Comcast has every business incentive to make it cost prohibitive. Dish and DirecTv customers would then have to come back to Comcast to get their Rockets and Astros games.

14. Toast

Toast Member

So, apparently they're owned by NBC.

Any word on whether Uverse will carry this :rolleyes: awesome :rolleyes: new channel?

If not, I'm about ready to cancel and just go the hulu/netflix/whatever route.

15. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

esS
    This is one city. Preventing other providers from seeing their channel is not a good business move. Comcast would make more money doing a contract which they will do with other providers. Comcast can't put a dent in direct tv business because 1 city doesn't have Comcast channel. A deal will happen.

16. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Bump. Concerned since I'm a directv customer under contract for another year and a half. I hope CSN is made available to directv customers that don't have the freaking premium package. Currently, it is not

17. CatW2Dogs

CatW2Dogs Member

I have dish (in Cali here) CSN Bay Area is included in the Top 250 tier. You might want to check with your cable provider before switching. You may not have to.

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

If DirecTv offers CSN Houston, it most certainly will part of their Sports Pack premium package.

19. HangTime

HangTime Member

This is what DTV emailed me:

Subject
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    comcast sportsnet houston

Discussion Thread
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Response Via Email(Sherwin S. - 10040xxxx) - 08/14/2012 05:49 PM
    Dear Mr. Murry,

Thank you for writing.

I understand your inquiry about Comcast SportsNet Houston.

While we do not have plans to carry Comcast SportsNet Houston at this time, we are always reviewing our programming options to make sure we bring you the best possible TV experience.

In addition, I have forwarded your request to DIRECTV management. While DIRECTV Management can not follow up with each customer individually, rest assured every request, suggestion and inquiry from our most important customers is reviewed to determine what changes should be considered.

Lastly, whenever we add channels to our lineup, we release a statement to the press, so keep an eye on the news to find out about the newest channels or visit our web site at directv.com/pr.

It's been a pleasure assisting you. We appreciate your Loyalty.

Sincerely,

Sherwin S - 10040xxx
    DIRECTV Customer Service

P. S. Football season is coming soon! Catch up to 14 games every week this fall with NFL *SUNDAY TICKET, now available at directv.com/nfl.

Customer By Web Form (randall murry) - 08/14/2012 03:57 PM
    Hi I want to be able to watch the houston rockets this year and wonder if ths is part of direct tv programming?
    thanks

[---001:001208:50487---]

20. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

why would fsn still carry the rockets if the contract is going to csn? i have directv and i see other csn channels listed like philly and chicago, im sure they will carry it. they will work a deal with comcast to carry it, they wont risk losing a ton of their clients due to not carrying the home teams games..