1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Local company suggestion for wall mounted TV and console?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Phillyrocket, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Does anyone have a suggestion for a local company where I could purchase and have installed a wall mounted TV, wall mounted console, and possibly a sound bar?

Something like this setup:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/558857321/wall-mount-floating-entertainment-center

I’ve begun looking at some of the home theater shops around town but so far they don’t sell and install the entertainment center.

2. Roscoe Arbuckle

I just put mine on a stepladder.

Chicks dig it.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  3. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Maybe some place like this will do it? I haven't personally used them though.

4. Coco Afable

Coco Afable Member

Try using Thumbtack I use it all the time when I need work done.

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I know a guy depending on what part of town you’re in.

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

What's your budget? A good friend of mine builds high-end houses and uses a home theater installation company. If you're willing to pay I can get their info.

7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

In Katy right on the Fulshear border in case of evacuation.

justtxyank likes this.
  8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Maybe $5k if you include the TV and equipment. This is just for a living room though not a full on theater room.

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Might try Caveman Home Theater but i'm not sure how good their carpentry work is, especially if you want a nice entertainment center, but maybe they outsource their cabinetry work. The carpentry work almost seems like a separate job from the TV install.

I did a similar setup, minus the entertainment center. The install wasn't that bad but was a little slow going, especially because I was going slow to make sure everything lined up right. I would recommend buying all the parts yourself and then having an installer do the work because they will up-charge you on materials. I don't mind paying for labor but i'm not paying double for materials. My sister recently had a quote for $240 wall mount and $170 of HDMI cables(50ft). You can get quality both for under $100 total.

Also, be sure to specify how they will do the electrical. Since your project is pretty big I would be sure to have a proper electrical box installed and not use a power bridge.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Might be tight for a full setup with a custom cabinet. If you buy all of the equipment and have someone mount it the job will be more cost effective.

Texted my buddy for the company's info and will get back with you.

#10 Xerobull, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Appreciate it. Not really looking for a custom cabinet just looking to buy one similar to the link I posted and have it installed. I was hoping to find a company that had a catalogue and could purchase the TV $2k, cabinet $1k, mount, wires, maybe a sound bar, purchase it all through them and then install it all for me. Rather than buy the TV and cabinet separately. If I’m not doing a projector and receiver and all the speakers I think I should get it all done under $5k.