1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[LMAO] Kenyon Martin gets FIBA letter because Chinese officials were on vacation

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by sinobball, Feb 3, 2012.

1. sinobball

sinobball Member

China does have a 7 day holiday period for the Chinese New Years.

2. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I hope they reverse the decision. The man should honor his contract.

3. Garner

Garner Member

4. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

Wow, just wow.

5. clos4life

clos4life Member

Chinese Basketball Association gets what they deserve. They had a chance to respond and they didn't, that's their fault. KMart followed procedure.

I think of it as a no show at court. If a cop don't show up when you are challenging a ticket then it's dismissed.

CBA shouldn't have been so lazy if they didn't want somebody to get over on them.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

7. cuddie

cuddie Member

Except they wouldn't be scheduling a court appearance on New Year's or Christmas.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Jordan injured->start Evans, Cook, Jones or Thompson at C.
    Blake gets injured: start start Evans, Cook, Jones or Thompson at PF
    Their frontcourt blows man, I think you never looked past their starting five.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Who gives a **** about a 7 day holiday? No one from the US. If you were stuck in China waiting for a flight and were told there was a 7 day holiday and you wouldnt be helped you'd be pissed too.

10. cuddie

cuddie Member

You realize that not everything revolves around the US right? He signed a contract in China to play basketball in China. If you get pissed off because of foreign customs, while in said foreign country, you're clearly a self-centered idiot.

2 people like this.
  11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Yeah who gives a **** about Chinese holidays in China?

The next thing you know, the Chinese will start having holidays on Christmas too. I mean, why does Martin need to schedule ahead of time right?

1 person likes this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Oh well, smart move by Kmart to send the letter knowing they would be off...very cagey.

DD

13. clos4life

clos4life Member

7 days man, that's plenty to do your work. Those holidays are 1 day holidays, not seven. If you want other countries to enforce your policies, you ought to be working on those days. Otherwise, don't get upset when things like this happens. KMart was smart and used the system to his advantage. Good for him and I don't even like the man.

14. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I hate how they are being nazis about letting the NBA players go. None of the NBA players should have to gone to China.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kmart in the Chinese League was like 14 pts and 7 rbs? not motivated much?

16. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

As oppose to owners here not honoring their contract (lock-out) and fans that complain about paying ball players too much while the real billionaire gets richer?

I also hope you're not also the one that is critical of foreign players here wanting to play on their national team, NFL players holding out or Dwight Howard wanting to leave the Magic, because that will just be.... hypocritical.

1 person likes this.
  17. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I agree, that's very smart. The fact that any major organization can shut down shut down completely in China is just dumb on their part. At least have some seasonal workers damn it, pay them a little more.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Kenyon knew about the rule and took advantage of it. I mean this is completely legal and albeit pretty slimey by Kenyon but there is nothing wrong with what he did.

19. woket

woket Member

Sneaky but smart

20. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

I don't see how anyone can look at Kmart negatively about this one. He did exactly what he was supposed to do, its not like he weaseled or loopholed his way out. He gave a major organization a week to handle business.