1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Little throwback games on this Thursday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Mar 9, 2017.

1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

YouTube user Dzhiger Dzhigerov has been uploading some of the games from the Rockets 22 game win streak in 2008. Some pretty neat stuff. Figured I'd post if you wanted to get lost in some nostalgia.

[

2. OTMax

OTMax Member

I was just thinking about how we would be unbeatable if we had that defense and our current offense. I'll take a team like 2008 over every single one we've had since then, just because our defense, mentality, hustle and chemistry was off the charts. To watch that team play defense and this one, it's infuriating, embarrassing and an insult to the game of the basketball how we approach the game now.

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Man.....are we not the 3rd seed in a season where we were predicted to miss the playoffs? Lol. Jesus..

topfive likes this.
  4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Yes, the offensive philosophy is annoying, Harden is MONEY in the mid range game but to say an embarrassment and insult to the game of basketball? Stop watching them bro, go root for the Mavs or Spurs.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Those beautiful defensive monsters of the first round exit .. . . . . . .. .

Rocket River
    give me the Harden teams every day and twice on Sunday
    I would love to have YAO now though ...

topfive and joeson332 like this.
  6. joeson332

joeson332 Member

stay woke

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I get guys that love defense more than offense in sports.

But almost nobody likes games that are lucky to break the 90s. Not too mention this team seems like it will finish higher and make a deeper playoff run than any of those teams.

8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Give me the '05 team any day of the week for that era. A healthy Yao and T-Mac with a solid defense philosophy? Only thing I would interchange would be some role players.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

If this team just played the same level of the defense that the 14-15 squad did then they'd be fine.