1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Little more info on Lewis...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Jul 7, 2000.

1. RT45

RT45 Member

CAN YOU ****** READ!?! I HAVE SAID THAT IF SEATTLE VALUES LEWIS SO MUCH, AND ARE WILLING TO CHANGE DIRECTIONS AND START REBUILDING TO KEEP HIM, THEY HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO SO. Can Seattle pull this off? YES! Will they do so? WHO ******* KNOWS! The whole point is that if Seattle feels that Lewis is the player that can be a superstar in this league, they have the ability to keep him. All these people keep coming on say this **** is mathematically impossible; IT'S NOT! It all depends on how much Seattle values Lewis.

Seattle has two choices if Lewis signs a contract higher than the early bird: to try to win now with the core of an aging Payton and an underachieving Baker or to start rebuilding around Lewis. If Lewis feels that the second scenario is a reality, it may scare him away from signing that 6 year, $41,000,000 contract with Toronto.

------------------

2. RT45

RT45 Member

MManual, read above, this is my whole argument.

------------------

3. MManal

MManal Member

THEY HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO SO. Can Seattle pull this off? YES!

The whole point of what Im trying explain to you is that the odds of the Sonics unloading Baker and Grant for nothing are basically zero. Sure its mathematically possible but exactly what are you trying to prove? Hakeem Olajuwon to the Clips for nothing is also "mathetmatically" possible but do you see anyone discussing that? No, b/c they know the chances of that happening are zero and its a waste of time, and a 4 page thread.

Also, your point that Seattle could just gut their team and change directions is just stupid. In order for it to work to the tune of being able to outbid everyone for Lewis, they would have to unload players like Baker and Grant or Barry for nothing. Instead of speaking in hypotheticals, how about explaining to me how this is going to happen? Give me even a somewhat realistic scenario.

------------------
    Check out the Best Source for Draft Info

Draftsource.net

4. MManal

MManal Member

Seattle *could*, if they wanted to, clear that much under the cap.

Ok, so let's say Seattle wanted to build their team around Payton-Lewis and thought everyone else was expendable. Thus, let's say they wanted "change direction" to keep Lewis which is the crux of your argument right? To make this work, the Sonics would have to dump Baker and Grant or Barry for nothing. Exactly how are they going to do this? Tell me something specific. Do you think the Bulls or Magic would take on a sickening albatross like contract like Baker's? Why would they have any interest in doing this and killing all their hopes of stud FAs? I see no reason why they would. You understand the Sonics have to take back ZERO salaries for Baker and Grant or Barry to make this work right?

------------------

Draftsource.net

5. MManal

MManal Member

Seattle *could*, if they wanted to, clear that much under the cap.

Ok, so let's say Seattle wanted to build their team around Payton-Lewis and thought everyone else was expendable. Thus, let's say they wanted "change direction" to keep Lewis which is the crux of your argument right? To make this work, the Sonics would have to dump Baker and Grant or Barry for nothing. Exactly how are they going to do this? Tell me something specific. Do you think the Bulls or Magic would take on a sickening albatross like contract like Baker's? Why would they have any interest in doing this and killing all their hopes of stud FAs? I see no reason why they would. You understand the Sonics have to take back ZERO salaries for Baker and Grant or Barry to make this work right?

------------------

Draftsource.net

6. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

RT45,

Why aren't you using your former user name?

Mango

------------------
    1. Put new topics in the proper forum
    2. Use clear wording for new threads
    3. No duplicate threads
    4. Conduct yourself like an adult

The Serious Police are watching

Donate Blood!
    All will be assimilated.

7. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

Well this certainly got ugly in a hurry.

I'll just throw in my quick 2 cents -- Rashard is WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY down my wish list. If the Rockets offered him the max over guys like Webber and Finley, someone would have to die.

------------------
    "Kick to the gut....The Stunner, The Stunner!!!!....Lights out for Austin Croshere!!!"

8. MManal

MManal Member

RT45,

Why aren't you using your former user name?

Mango

I havent seen a post from Sky Pilot in a while. What happend to him? [​IMG]

------------------

Draftsource.net

9. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

Mmanal, LOL, thank god he was just a Schizophrenic.

[​IMG]

------------------
    "Stranger things have happened, but none stranger than this" - Commentator after a parachutist landed in the ring of a Holyfield fight

[This message has been edited by Rocketsauce (edited July 12, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Rocketsauce (edited July 12, 2000).]

10. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Rocketsauce,

Read through the link I left in this thread for aelliott. Then skim back through this thread and notice many coincidences in the writing style and viewpoint taken by RT45 and one of the main posters in the "capologists" thread. Either RT45 has plagiarized that poster or more likely is the refurbished version of that poster.

Anticipating his next BBS moniker is my next test.

Mango

------------------
    1. Put new topics in the proper forum
    2. Use clear wording for new threads
    3. No duplicate threads
    4. Conduct yourself like an adult

The Serious Police are watching

Donate Blood!
    All will be assimilated.

11. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

Mango, now I see the similarities. It would appear that you are right. It's a shame that people have to resort to such extremes to avoid their past. I will say that aside from a few posts it would seem that lessons were learned from the first visit. I will now edit my previous post to reflect my agreement with you.

------------------
    "Stranger things have happened, but none stranger than this" - Commentator after a parachutist landed in the ring of a Holyfield fight