1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Little girl needs extremely rare blood type in fight with cancer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dr of Dunk, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Major

Major Member

LOL. So you really thought the Washington Post and other news outlets decided to run a story about a girl that just needed regular O or A type blood (even if it was limited to India/Pakistan/Iran, which covers something like 30% of the world's population)?

You didn't even need to read the articles - you could have read what Dr of Dunk posted:

That could have clued you into "hmm. this is probably not a normal story of needing O or A blood type" and "it's probably not a story about a weird racist family that only wants Indian O-type blood" (only a few hundred million donors there).

2. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

So I explained it already...I’ve never heard of it...that’s why I said, “I’ve never heard of that”. Apparently it’s extremely rare , right? I clicked on 2 pages and didn’t see the reason. I didn’t feeling like clicking on anything else and just decided to post quickly. I’ve experienced other reasons why this may be an issue to a family. So I posted...I’ll make sure to do the proper reading before posting sir ...

3. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

You’d be surprised what some will decline for religious reasons...hell, certain romani (sp?) cultures won’t even touch a recently born baby ...they consider it impure until they ‘clean it their way’ before they can touch it. Just really strange. That’s why I assumed some religious/ethical reasons...I imagine it happens more than some extremely rare missing antigen issue. But nah, I’m just a racist that didn’t feel like clicking on another 5 links to research the reason....yep that’s it.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

There are millions of needles the problem is finding the haystack where they are hidden.

Buck Turgidson and daywalker02 like this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

Purity of Essence

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Family blood only and pure grain alcohol.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  7. Exiled

Exiled Member

" In~O" maybe an Internet made up name for "Bombay phenotype h-h/oH