1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

List of rumored big men on the trade block

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RobKsports, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Joakim would be great here with his NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP buddy!

[​IMG]

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Knicks will give you Joakim Noah for free, as long as you take his contract. 2060 protected 2nd round pick

2016-17: $17,000,000
    2017-18: $17,765,000
    2018-19: $18,530,000
    2019-20: $19,295,000

3. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

I remember
    Onaku can go
    I want to see harrell pick and roll
    With harrell and nene we are ok

We are not.
    Gasol destroy us
    We have to doble him. And that open space for the 3s.

4. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Capela creates so much space for everyone to work with because he is so deadly in pick and roll. Our spacing has now collapse and we are throwing more contested 3's than ever. This is not going to work.

5. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

Speaking of Knicks we should try and get Oquinn or Hernangomez nice low-key under the radar/Morey move

fattz likes this.
  6. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Colangelo? Would you like a Sergio Yule log to burn on Christmas Eve? I'm pretty sure he's a gentile

7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I bet Morey doesn't make a move

8. dwert

dwert Member

then Morey is an idiot, we needed to upgrade our front court pre-Capela injury anyway, now is the perfect time to do so

fattz likes this.
  9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I wouldn't go that far. I just don't think he would be willing to sacrifice cap space next year.

I wish there was a way to pry Tyson and PJ from PHX. That would solve so many of our issues.

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

So we got destroyed by one of the top 3 C's in the world - one who is particularly excellent at passing - with our starting C out. Gasol had 16 points on 14 shots, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 TO's, 2 blocks in 34 minutes and he was a -12 during his time on the court. He got them a lot of open 3's, but which defense wouldn't accept open 3's for James Ennis or Tony Allen or Jay Michael Green? We certainly weren't doubling with Vince Carter or Mike Conley's man.

Yeah, I think I'll take it. That sounds like some pretty good depth and some pretty good coaching to compensate.

11. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Morey is an idiot and MDA is a moron, sitting at 4th seed after the best playes who accepted our money were Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon. IDIOTS!! lol Too funny.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Younger legs are better. Nerlens Noel and Aaron Gordon, make it happen Morey. But while hes negotiating those trades bring us some cheap offense and D via the China pipeline. 1 order of Jimmer and Smoove ASAP.

13. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Memphis is the 2nd worst team shooting 3s and still they kill us.
    Why? Because we have to defend the pain with many players and we left open the point line. Memphis has bad shooters and it was a good strategy. Maybe but it didnt work
    And agains SA it didnt work either.

Btw parsons really sucks today

14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

G
    R
    O
    S
    S

15. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I know, you're repeating what you said.

Again:

The best defensive teams in the world would accept this outcome of shutting down Gasol and forcing him to pass to James Ennis, Tony Allen or Jay Michael Green.

Other teams have strategies and coaches and systems designed to beat us. Some of them are really really good. Memphis is a top 10 team in the league, around the same area as us. They are at home. We are missing a starter. They played excellent defense. Their bench annihilated us because Carter caught fire taking step back 3's and Zach Randolph is Zach Randolph. They played tremendous defense, a bit better than our defense.

Maybe we just lost and it was ok. If you're going to lose even 20 games in a season (i.e. a 60+ wins team), one away game against Memphis with your starting C missing is totally acceptable and it could be that no one really made any huge unacceptable mistakes more than is usual for any team. While we're at it, one home game against SAS - who own the 3rd best record in the league - where we just collapsed in the last few minutes is shitty, but also acceptable. Much to learn from these games, for me it's mostly about taking the offense to a more sharp, instinctive level. It's coming.

We will get them next time. Our strategy was sound, our execution of our offense (especially by the bench) was not as sharp as it should have been against a team that is predictably so defensively good.

16. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

im ok strategy, thats not the point
    im saying that the problem is Capela injury and that we cant replace him.
    we ane not ok without him. are you saying we are?

Astrodome likes this.
  17. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Yes, I'm saying we are covering for him much better than anyone can expect, no need to replace him just for 4 weeks now that we've seen a few games.

Which team can lose their starting C and do this well? We've lost to the Spurs and away to the Grizzlies, both games we were competing for in the last 1-2 minutes. Other than that, we destroyed Phoenix and annihilated Minny after Capela went out. Why are we not ok? How is this not perfectly acceptable performance from this team? Those results are acceptable even WITH Capela.

The Golden State Warriors or Cleveland Cavaliers could destroy Minny/Phoenix and lose to Grizzlies away and Spurs and that would not be unusual. It would be annoying for them, but they will have several worse 4-game stretches in a season.

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

It would be a depth move and I shouldn't have to explain the things that Asik does well.

Again, this is a mid-season buyout scenario. I'm not going to split hairs over the [admittedly nauseating] memories of him fumbling passes.

19. Exiled

Exiled Member

how hard is it to call DMo, and tell him how so so so sorrry we're ,it might work

Little Bit likes this.
  20. BackdoorHarden

Sewer and broken ass Noah and his $70 million.

DO IT MURRAY!!!! Make the Rockets the next Nets