1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

List of players that the Rockets have worked out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Egghead, Jun 19, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Egghead

Egghead Member

Lock if posted..

http://www.nbadraft.net/2010-nba-draft-workout-master-list

Finally, I found some info on who the Rockets have worked out.

Rockets 4/24/10 Aubrey Coleman
    Rockets 4/24/10 Deon Thompson
    Rockets 4/24/10 Jeremy Wise
    Rockets 4/24/10 Wayne Chism
    Rockets 5/7/10 Bryan Davis
    Rockets 5/7/10 Kelvin Lewis
    Rockets 5/7/10 Latavious Williams
    Rockets 5/7/10 Manny Harris
    Rockets 5/7/10 Marqus Blakely
    Rockets 5/15/10 Courtney Fortson
    Rockets 5/15/10 Darington Hobson
    Rockets 5/15/10 Elliot Williams
    Rockets 5/15/10 Samardo Samuels
    Rockets 5/15/10 Terrico White
    Rockets 5/15/10 Willie Warren
    Rockets 5/28/10 James Anderson
    Rockets 5/28/10 Nic Wise
    Rockets 5/28/10 Paul George
    Rockets 5/29/10 Omar Samhan
    Rockets 5/29/10 Patrick Patterson
    Rockets 5/29/10 Tim Ohlbrecht
    Rockets 6/14/10 Willie Kemp
    Rockets 6/15/10 Marqus Blakely
    Rockets 6/16/10 Jermaine Beal

Most these guys will probably 2nd round picks. Only surefire 1st round picks the Rockets have worked out are Paul George, James Anderson, Patrick Patterson. The Rockets were present at last years Minnesota group workout...so I'm guessing they were present this year too

2 people like this.
  2. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Looks like we are trading down - not up.

3. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

The only guy worked out twice is Marqus Blakely from this list

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Yeah my money is against us drafting at 14. Either moving up or down.

Although I know I and many other fans feel like we should go for it this next year, it's becoming more and more apparent that Morey is in it for the long haul; he's not going to compromise our longterm chances to acquire pieces that will only be able to contribute for one or two more years.

Does that mean he'll draft projects? I dunno. My gut tells me the favorite at 14 is Patterson but again I don't think we'll draft there. And man would I be disappointed if all we got was Patterson lol. But whatever the man knows what he's doing.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

it doesnt mean we're trading down...there's usually more info/vid on the lottery picks than these guys.... alot more questions and evalutions have to be done on the unknowns...plus the 1st rounders tend to be more cautious about workouts so they don't hurt their stock, while 2nd rounders want to work out to improve it.

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

Players rarely wants to work out for a team who's slotted to go later than where they're pegged. It's difficult for teams to workout top players, because such workouts won't benefit the players at all.

Hence, why the Rockets didn't have any solid info on Eddie Griffin before they drafted him.

7. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

One of these guys could be a superstar.

8. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

No way in hell have Rockets worked out just those guys.

9. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Looking at 2nd rounders doesn't mean we're trading down. More likely, we'll buy some 2nd-round picks if we see players we covet dropping, like last year.

10. worzel gummidge

Add Cole Aldrich and Avery Bradley

They workout something like 60 players each year for the draft. That list is far from being complete.

11. Egghead

Egghead Member

12. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

How did last year's workout list turn out? Did they pick any of those guys? Were they guys they worked out early or late.... just curious.

I'm a draft fiend. The NFL and NBA drafts are, year-in and year-out, my favorite sporting events... unless the Rox, Titans or Texans are in the playoffs.

13. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Taylor worked out for the Rockets twice last year.

@draftexpress
    Apparently Elliot Williams had his 1st workout today. Even tweeted about it. An NBA source told me it was for Houston. In LA. Just shooting.

14. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

AUBREY COLEMAN + KELVIN LEWIS = WIN

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

So this will be the second workout for Williams with the Rockets.

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

My vote is for Nic Wise. Houston native and UofA Alumni. Best of both worlds. Haha..

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I have a slightly more complete list of players that they worked out.

18. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Yeah so that means twice for him... Williams looks like he could be what the rockets hoped Taylor brought. The other interesting thing about williams is his people say they are only allowing him to workout with teams they are interested in. And they allowed him to workout with Houston twice. This kid is absolutely not all about money. He left Duke to be with his sick Mom and now he refuses to workout for teams that he is not interested. That is a bad business decision but good for hiis life. Many people are leary of picking him because they say his a mystery but his not a mystery to the Rockets.

Elliot Williams twitter. RT @ewill901: lets get this first wrkout in! & RT @ewill901: had a great workout!!! time to hit the shower
    2010-06-19 22:15:02
    Apparently Elliot Williams had his 1st workout today. Even tweeted about it. An NBA source told me it was for Houston. In LA. Just shooting.
    2010-06-19 22:14:07
    Elliot Williams: "wide wide draft range. Could go early 20's, but could also go 40." Many teams are in the dark and won't risk drafting him.
    2010-06-19 11:10:02
    Elliot Williams' people are just holding cards close to the vest, making sure the only teams who get info are teams they actually like.
    2010-06-19 11:07:06
    Spoke w/a source close to Elliot Williams situation. Sounds like he's working out in LA and isn't hurt too bad. Not 100% still. No promise.
    2010-06-19 11:05:06

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Elliot-Williams-5153/#ixzz0rMsG7DZy
    http://www.draftexpress.com

#18 Old Man Rock, Jun 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

It's amazing that the only draft info we can go by is that some player worked out twice for us.

They are really keeping a tight ship.

Can't wait for draft day, no clue what's going to happen.

20. cxwcxw

cxwcxw Contributing Member

Elliot Williams pulled out of the first workout in May, and that’s why Rockets want to check him out before the draft. Except the top eight guys in the draft (Wall, Turner, Johnson, Favors, Cousins, Aminu, Monroe and Davis), I think Rockets already worked out everyone else.