1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

List of Dumbest Sports Quotes

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Butterfingers, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Hahaha some of these quotes on here are really stupid and hilarious. I'll bold the ones I liked the best. Im suprised Clyde Drexler doesn't have a quote or two on here, we could probably make our own top 35 just using him.

http://community.comcast.net/comcastportal/blog/article?message.uid=797059

34. “For Who? For What?” – Ricky Watters.

And he said that in Philly, no less. After that, it was much more dangerous for Ricky to cross

Broad Street
    than it was for him to go over the middle.

33. “I wanna kiss you. I couldn't care less about the team struggguulliing…We're looking to make a noise now and ... I wanna kiss you!” – Joe Namath.

In Joe’s defense, who doesn’t want to kiss Suzy? She’s a cutie.

32. "The only thing that keeps this organization from being recognized as one of the finest in baseball is wins and losses at the major league level." – Devil Rays GM Chuck Lamar.

What? He makes a good point.

31. "My sister's expecting a baby, and I don't know if I'm going to be an uncle or an aunt." – Chuck Nevitt.

If you aren’t sure Chuck, I’m not sure the rest of us can be much help.

30. "I feel like I'm the best, but you're not going to get me to say that." – Jerry Rice.

Something tells me you say it often, Jerry.

29. "They should have focused more on me." – Sebastian Telfair on the ESPN documentary "Through the Fire" about him.

So true.

28. "The Bible never says anything about dinosaurs. You can't say there were dinosaurs when you never saw them. Somebody actually saw Adam and Eve. No one ever saw a Tyrannosaurus Rex." – Carl Everett

Alright Carl, let’s not turn this into a holy war.

27. "Ray Lewis is the type of guy, if he were in a fight with a bear I wouldn't help him, I'd pour honey on him because he likes to fight. That's the type of guy Ray Lewis is." – Shannon Sharpe.

It’s hard to argue with that kind of sound logic, Shannon.

26. "I'm traveling to all 51 states to see who can stop 85." – Chad Johnson.

I’m sure he was just supporting Puerto Rico’s statehood movement.

25. "Every time that I have ever tried to help a woman out, I have been incarcerated." – Jose Canseco.

Here, here Jose. Here, here.

24. “I ain't gonna be no escape-goat!" – Karl Malone.

My personal input here: I love this one cuz of the fact I hate the mo fo and how stupid he is

23. "Roy Oswalt is a drop and drive pitcher. What is a drop and drive pitcher? He is a guy who drops and drives. Very simple." – Tim McCarver.

It is simple! I can’t believe I didn’t figure that out on my own.

22. "Cancer survivor." – Lance Armstrong, on what he would like his tombstone to say.

21. "The only reason I don't like playing in the World Series is I can't watch myself play." – Reggie Jackson.

Reg has always been at his most likeable when he’s self-absorbed.

20. “I’m a !@%&ing soldier!” – Kellen Winslow.

At least he didn’t say it at a time when real soldiers were putting their lives at risk overseas…oh wait.

19. "Well, David Eckstein, like most of us, has 20 digits. Ten fingers. Ten toes." –Tim McCarver.

Why does he have to single out “El Pulpa” and Count Rugen from “The

Princess Bride” like that?

18. "Well, Rickey’s not one of them, so that’s 49 percent right there." –

Rickey Henderson on reports that 50 percent of ballplayers use steroids.

17. "The reason we call that pitch up and in is because the arms are attached to the shoulder." – Tim McCarver.

I still don’t get that one.

16. "He's one of the best power forwards of all-time. I take my hands off to him." – Scottie Pippen.

Little-known fact: Scottie Pippen is a Mr. Potato Head Doll.

15. "I've had to overcome a lot of diversity." – Drew Gooden.

Guess Drew is not a big fan of Title IX.

14. "Just tip my cap and call the Yankees my daddy." – Pedro.

13. "Yankee pitchers have had great success this year against Cabrera when they get him out." – Tim McCarver.

This is one time I’m going to have to disagree with Tim.

12. "When you're rich, you don't write checks. Straight cash, homey." – Randy Moss.

I hear that playa!

11. "This team is one execution away from being a very good basketball team." – Doc Rivers.

I vote it be you, Doc.

10. "Having a record company and putting out my own CD. There's clothes and shoes. There's also an upcoming book deal that I'm trying to do. I'm trying to be positive. I'm a big fan of the Nobel Peace Prize." – Ron Artest.

9. "All I'm asking for is what I want." – Rickey Henderson

Sounds reasonable to me, Rick.

8. "The sun has been there for 500, 600 years ... " – Mike Cameron.

7. "Don't say I don't get along with my teammates. I just don't get along with some of the guys on the team." – Terrell Owens

So that’s what the definition of “is” is.

6. "He treats us like men. He lets us wear earrings." –Torrin Polk, University of Houston receiver.

5. "We're not attempting to circumcise rules." – Bill Cowher.

If you do, make sure you get a good Mohel.

4. "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." – Joe Theismann.

Norman Einstein and you, Joe. Don’t forget about you.

3. "I don't think this is an example of life and limb being at risk. I like the fact that our fans care." – Carmen Policy, after 10 Cleveland fans were arrested for throwing bottles onto the field.

2. "Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious." – Charles Shackleford.

You can read minds?!?

1. "I am the most ruthless, brutal champion ever. There is no one who can match me. I want your heart. I want to eat your children." – Mike Tyson.

You’re still the greatest, Mike.

^^^At the end of this quote he also says "Praise be to Allah" which still makes me laugh.^^^

2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I don't know how Spree's quote about feeding his family and P-Ew's quote about spending a lot of money don't make the list.

3. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Deng a fellow UH'er made the top 6!!!

4. pchan

pchan Member

What about Michael Vick's quote about his two weapons? I always like that one.

5. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

"This is the greatest team ever assembled."

Les Alexander

6. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Did he really say that? Even if he did i think he meant greatest ROCKETS team assembled.

7. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

10. "Having a record company and putting out my own CD. There's clothes and shoes. There's also an upcoming book deal that I'm trying to do. I'm trying to be positive. I'm a big fan of the Nobel Peace Prize." – Ron Artest.

This one is hilarious.

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Harry Caray: "And it's way back...it could be...and it is...it's a homerun!"

Steve Stone: "I believe the outfielder caught it. He's out."

9. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I believe it was Yao's rookie year before the season started. And I'm pretty sure he mean of ALL teams. My quote might be off a tad, I'll try to find the exact one somewhere.

10. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

The one about Shaq and his free throws where he can't add.

11. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

"The 'N' is for knowledge."

12. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

That one is special :D
    Special math also =)

13. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

14. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

How on earth is Jason Kidd's quote, when he first joined the Mavs, not on here?

"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees!"

There's another one from Karl Malone from the 1996 Dream Team video. It's hilarious. He was commenting on Charles Barkley elbowing that guy from the Angolan team. I can't even remember what he said, but it was not English.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

"I will need to do is Fockass" -- Hakeem The Dream Olajuwon

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

edit--damn i'm so lesdyxic

"All we need to do is Fockass" -- Hakeem The Dream Olajuwon

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

18. abcdef

abcdef Member

"It was a good game. Both teams played hard. Both teams played hard. Both teams played hard. ....." -Rasheed Wallace

Some of that stuff Darko said should make it up there too. If it were in English I think it might have been at #1.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That isn't even the greatest Mike Tyson quote. Mike was once asked what the future held for him after getting beaten by Lennox Lewis.

Mike's response?

"I guess I'm going to fade into Bolivian".

(he meant "oblivion")

20. hooroo

hooroo Member