1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Linsanity always begins with NY Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coolweather, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Akim523

Akim523 Member

I think you just got trolled.

2. SK34

SK34 Member

Not really. Its not hate when he does good. That is what we are expecting from him. That is what we have been wanting him to do all along. Good showing but still not there.

Consistency!

3. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Lin's swag is strangely only associated with NY, smh. For this reason alone, thanks Knicks for making Linsanity and trying to keep it alive. ;)

4. SK34

SK34 Member

Exactly!

But Lin fans claiming him to be better than certain pg when he is not.....

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Hope you're not expecting all-star numbers. His contract is not representative of his talent level. Dude was going to get MLE money until Morey stepped in and poison pilled his contract.

6. torocan

torocan Member

Too early to say much of anything. As I like to point out... Sample Size. Just as the obituaries of Lin's career are too early, so are the assumptions of Dragic too early.

Only thing which can probably be said with any level of confidence is that Lowry when healthy is probably better than both of them. At least, until considerably more of the season finishes playing out... then we'll see where they all stand.

7. roxxy

roxxy Member

No not really. The LAL Raptors & Mavs all wanted him. The only way to get him away from the Knicks was to backload his contract. So he wouldn't have gotten MLE money. Would have gotten a lot more than that.

8. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

quote the LIN fans who said that or shut up...

9. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Lin had a good game tonight. If he produces 15p 10ast as a avg I would be extremely happy.

10. Postcall

Postcall Member

So would CP3 Dwill and Kyrie lol...but prob not Westbrook...not even close

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

I could give a rip if Lowry, Felton or Dragic are better than Lin. As long as Lin kicks their butt every time they play the Rockets. A Rockets win is all we should all care about.

If you are a Rockets fan. The chemistry on this team is crazy, and Lin is part of that.

12. Karolik

Karolik Member

You're Kidding

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL. you trying to tell people Rockets history and they aren't buying it!
    I believe you dude, you speaketh the truth.

I thought Lin played better cause he knew I was watching him at the game.

14. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Agree those players don't play for Rockets, so whatever they do on their team shouldn't matter, until they face the Rockets and hopefully Lin and the team plays well and beat them.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dude, give it a rest. we have people who still miss Tracy McGrady.

If Lin keeps playing well then you don't have to go telling Rockets fans to stop making comparisons.

This is Clutchfans, we criticize everyone because we want the Rockets to win.

16. SK34

SK34 Member

Lin is not the only player that has been criticize this much. IF they play bad and don't live up to the expectations than of course they should be criticized. PPAT and Lin. And Lin is slowly gaining respect but he is not there yet until he is consistent enough.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

To be fair, Lin hasn't played a single full season yet. I shake my head at all the idiots that thought he was going to put up all-star numbers, yet I also don't like the people who think he's going to be a model of consistent point guard play right off the bat.

He's still young, NBA experience is not there entirely, explosiveness off of knee surgery seems to be a factor... Give him time. I still fully believe he can consistently put up 15/8 or 14/7 when he gets his **** together.

18. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

A big reason other teams didn't try to offer Morey's contract was because 1) they thought the Knicks would match anyway (up to a billion dollars, perhaps :rolleyes:), so why waste the time/effort; and 2) they would have to get under the cap first to do so, so why bother shed salary for someone who the Knicks were likely to match anyway. Rockets were under the cap enough to go after Asik first, then Lin (after negotiations with Dragic broke down).

So, if your point was Lin was only going to get the MLE anyway, because he was purposely put in an unfavorable position by the Knicks to seek his own contract for the Knicks to match, and that most teams wouldn't have given him a contract in that circumstance, then yes, you may be right.

But to say his contract is not representative of his talent level is an incomplete statement. Contracts reflect both talent and potential. Lin's 25 games in NYK were certainly worth $25M/3yrs, and you could argue both that he could regress under a different environment but also that he could flourish post Linsanity. You don't know. And in this league, you pay more for an uncertain ceiling that could be very high, and less for a certain ceiling that is lower.

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

As long as he is shooting 43% or above, I would super duper happy with those numbers.

20. SK34

SK34 Member

The reason I expected too much out of him is because of what others said. If the idiots hadn't hyped him so much, I wouldn't have worried about him being consistent at the very least.