1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin's scrutiny

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kaitanuva, Nov 2, 2012.

1. HowardStern

HowardStern Rookie

What about the non stop threads on Lin?
    What about the love fest everytime he makes a basket or gets an assist.

If you are going to talk about the biased against Lin you should also bring up the biased for Lin, which comes from a lot of people who signed up in 2012. Geez I wonder why?

2. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Lin has had two good games to start the season. There are places he can improve, for sure, but so far so good.

Parsons got a lot of crap during/after the first game as well. I think Parsons has looked fantastic out there. His shot hasn't been falling, but he's being aggressive as hell, passing the ball well and playing good defense.

Some people are just professional pessimists.

3. Baba Booey

and this HowardStern is not doing much good for my favorite radio personality.

4. trer

trer Member

I don't think the extra scrutiny on Lin is anything that only people on this forum do, it's something I've noticed ever since he blew up last season. I've basically narrowed it down to two reasons:

1. Lots of people like to be the "contrarian" - they like to be that person that goes against the popular sentiment because it makes them feel "unique" like they are the only person who's ever thought that Lin was overrated.

2. People still feel the need to categorize races and see people of certain races behave in a way that they expect them to behave. So when, for example, an Asian person is doing something that many people don't "expect" Asian people to do like play basketball, they see it as "un-natural" and for some reason it bothers them.

5. HowardStern

HowardStern Rookie

Absolutely

I don't have anything agains Lin but his fans makes me want to root against him and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

6. HowardStern

HowardStern Rookie

Shut up, horse tooth jackass! ;)

7. Baba Booey

You are certainly the only one here with that feeling.

8. Baba Booey

Finally a good post.

9. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

Wow son, you need to get out more, I almost felt sorry for you, almost.:eek:

10. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

naw I was here when Yao was here... looks like you were too..

there was nothing like the Hate you are getting right now for Lin...

so I dont think its racism... unless you think things like presidential debates affect ones opinion... and if you think the haters view Lin as from China...

maybe it is the perception two point guards were given up for Lin... which we know isnt the case...

or maybe these guys just want to root for a underdog...

I mean its easy to cheer for a guy like Kobe or Lebron colleges clamoring after them top draft picks...NBA teams willing to trade the farm for them

because they have all the talent in the world...

and would never have a bad shooting night or turn the ball over too many times...

seems like lots of people these days dont want to put their faith in a underdog

1 person likes this.
  11. AVP

AVP Member

this endless bashing of Lin make me feel like that perhaps he came to the wrong team. I feel these guys will never accept him, even if Houston wins a championship and he average 20/10. I feel like stop coming here because of these trolls, but I am starting to really enjoy the Rockets. Love the team, could not care less about the fans.

I really hope Jeremy is here reading all this hate, so that he can use it as motivation.

1 person likes this.
  12. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

correction

or maybe these guys just dont want to root for a underdog story/guy...

13. HowardStern

HowardStern Rookie

Great, another LOF.

14. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

They cant believe in an Undrafted Harvard Asian Smart guard...they just cant.

Shout out ot Lin: U-HAS ... bro ... U HAS the game!

15. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

I knew the grammar is not rite..but...I dont care...:grin::eek::p

16. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Hawks fans only chanted over rated once in the game tonight. After Lin knocked Down the free throws they wished they had a point guard like him.

Trolls on message boards are different story.

17. AVP

AVP Member

Nope, I was here long ago when you guys took the Lakers to 7 games. Nice try. I actually like Harden's game more than Lin's, but asshats like you make me wonder what is wrong with the Rocket fans.

In fact, I created this account just so I can ignore you, which I may not have the right to do it yet. You are simply one of the worst trolls I've ever seen on a sports board.

18. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

I think it's a couple things.

1)He's undrafted, to most he's not proven, even with Linsanity, which is a small sample size. John Wall, who's put up okay numbers, doesn't get dogged on as much cuz he's a #1 pick that fits the mold.

2)His contract. The poison pill structure makes it feel like he's making more than he is. He's making what a 4-5th best player on any other team would make. Glass-ankles Curry, Rodney Stuckey and many others are make more than him.

3)He's new to the team at a PG position with some big shoes to fill(Lowry/Dragic).

4)Media bias, his deficiencies were magnified. Can't go left, can't play D, and TO prone. I also bought into it too, I thought his D was terrible but it's actually been very impressive.

4)And the LOF's, which haven't been too bad. Not as bad as me, a WOF:)

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Nah, I just wish they would stfu and be like regular fans

20. MT1417

MT1417 Member

Definitely agree that you're not the only one because I've read the same sentiments before. But it says a lot about someone who feels like rooting against a player on their team because of his fans. Or maybe you aren't really a rockets fan.