1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

I know everyone loves Tucker but he’s not a starter, and there’s no way he should be playing in 34 minutes. I love his effort sometimes but at the age of 33 he should be coming off the bench for about 15 minutes a game. Way too often he misses clutch shots and does very little to contribute offensively. Tonight was another typical 1-4 game with only 3 points with 5 boards. If he was a lockdown defender that might be OK but he’s not that player anymore. Plus, he’s too short to guard against taller players.

The best lineup on the floor tonight was Harden, Paul, Gordon, Faried, and Capela. For whatever reason, MDA only played Faried 18 minutes, yet he scored13 points and grabbed 6 boards, and had a great blocked shot, something the Rockets don’t get from Tucker.

As an aside, I’m sick of watching guys like Tucker and Gordon whine ever time they get called for a foul. It’s just stupid.

What’s sickening is the lack of ball handler and shooters on this team. Just as Chris Webber pointes our tonight, Nobody besides Harden and Paul can get their shot.

It’s time for MDA to sit Tucker more and replace his minutes with Faried. It’s also time for Morey to sign a guy like house as another wing that can knock down 3’s. Either that, or sign another player. Right now the lineup of Harden, Gordon, Tucker, Green, and Capela sucks. Also, maybe it’s time to play Paul and Harden on the court more often.

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Money's a bit tight right now.. just picture next year when Faried leaves in the off-season but we're still salary capped to sign anyone besides on a vet min.

bj3175 likes this.
  3. bj3175

bj3175 Member

tol win we have to go this way
    Harden, Paul, House,Tucker, and Capela
    Gordon rivers, Gerald G, Faried, and Shump
    best lineup i agree was Harden, Paul, Gordon, Faried, and Capela

4. Zergling

Zergling Member

I would rather go with:

Paul / Harden / Gordon / House / Capela
    or
    Paul / Harden / Shumpert / House / Capela

Would rather have Gordon come off the bench as a true 2. As a 3 our defense/rebounding struggles.

bro2044 and ApacheWarrior like this.
  5. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

You wouldn’t put Faried in the lineup? He’s one of the few players that hustles his ass off and gives you 110% effort every night. Dude scored 13 points and grabbed 6 board with a block in only 18 minutes. He was hitting everything last night but sat in the bench almost the entire 4th quarter while Tucker threw up brick after brick, and couldn’t guard worth a damn against LBJ. The only way to offset bad defense is to score points, which he didn’t do, again. The bottom line is, MDA needs to play him less and give more minutes to Faried. MDA is so damn stubborn!

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Tucker looks so gassed out there. Some of those threes he attempted in the 4th, he looked like he could barely get it to the rim.

7. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Harden Eg
    cp3 rivers
    Tucker Shampert or green
    Faried Jones or green
    Caplea nene

Philter_09 likes this.
  8. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

That’s it right there, but EG would also play the backup 1/2 and 3 position minutes.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Fareid brings energy
    I think that is what House brought
    Rivers brings energy and activity . . .

I am still trying to find out what Iman brings

Rocket River

10. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Iman can defense short guy only. He is unable to guard durrant and leborn. Maybe move him to 1 or 2 positions for few minutes to guard curry or Thompson

bj3175 and Rocket River like this.
  11. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Harden Green
    Cp3 Austin
    House Gordon Shampert
    Tucker Faried
    Caplea Nene Harkinstein

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Your spelling is crazy.

But would tweak that lineup:

Harden/EGo
    CP3/Rivers
    House/Green/Shump
    Faried/PJ/Clark
    Capela/Nene/Hartenstein

Do not expect to see much of Clark/Hartenstein in postseason but they really should get some minutes in regular season to rest PJ and Nene who are much older players.

Paul should also keep getting rest on back to backs. In the post season, it will be 9 man rotation with Iman/Nene getting 10th man minutes on blowouts, match up or in case of injury.

Rockets will go to war in postseason with these guys:

Harden-CP3-EGo-Capela-PJ-Faried-House-Rivers-Green

BaselineFade and bj3175 like this.
  13. bj3175

bj3175 Member

D Rock you must be reading my mind to me this is the only lineup that makes sense. The only problem I got after that is the minutes. Pj has no legs right now he needs rest and Shump can only d up on guards

D-rock likes this.