1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Lin making the case for being a starter?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Razsan

Razsan Member

Just curious...they credited Parsons with a steal at the start of the 3rd. Didn't Jeremy knock the ball away???

1 person likes this.
  2. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

Oh no he didn't :mad:

3. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

He's not stupid so I'm sure in time this will improve. He's stopped a lot of the jumping with no where to go stuff already.

4. allaroundplayer

Dwight Howard really wants people to like him. If he saw that James Harden had a bad attitude towards Lin, he will do the same thing if he thinks it will get James Harden (or whoever) to be friends with him or something. Howard may have helped Lin up in that video, but that doesn't mean he wasn't noticably a bad teammate at other times in the game & I don't think it's a coincidence that James Harden had 3 big scoring games after the team meeting. I'm sure he got a lot of criticism directly or indirectly in that team meeting & wanted to make a statement about what he believes his role should be, but everybody knows if Harden's role is designated scorer neglecting every other aspect the Rockets will not be very good. It's best for any team the more players they have who can have big scoring games any given night. If Harden didn't freeze out Lin, he would have more big scoring games. If Harden is making shots he will keep getting the ball, but if Lin is making shots, he won't. It only takes 1 or 2 big games by Lin, then the pendulum could swing as far as shots taken by everybody game to game. Harden doesn't want a repeat of Linsanity & these are the exact things which Lin has commented about, not in so many words & without naming names, as far as improving the team, so I don't know how this could come as news to anybody who has watched the Rockets the past 2 seasons or how anybody can dispute Harden has bad chemistry with Lin after Lin lost his starting job at the beginning of the season. Also, I remember in the All-Star game a few years ago, Dwayne Wade & LeBron James shunned Dwight Howard. You can call them conspiracies if you want, but these are just realities. Like I said, I only comment about things that I have noticed. Whether they are black people or non-black people is irrelevant & to be throwing around racism accusations like you did is VERY IGNORANT OF YOU!!!!

1 person likes this.
  5. allaroundplayer

6. allaroundplayer

Don't blame me because you don't have an opinion.

7. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

Illimunati?

8. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

Dude, I'm sorry to say this, but you sound like a crazy person. You need to try and think more rationally about things.

You're looking at two people sitting next to each other. One of them frowns and your conclusion is that he is planning to murder the person sitting next to him.

I think it's better for you if you stop watching basketball.

9. zdrav

zdrav Member

Yes, and it was roundly criticized on these boards.

It's hard to believe that professional announcers could be so ignorant as to what the salary levels are at the NBA level. Almost all non-rookie starting PGs make at least $8 million a year. In fact, it appears to be the FLOOR for such players.

Superstar money is more in the $15-25 million range.

10. Little General

You act as if these are facts, which they aren't. If you truly believe it then show me some evidence. You say you saw it during the game, then show me the video's, pictures, audio or whatever of your "conspiracy".

- Show me where Dwight has not helped Lin up only to be best buds with Harden.
    - Show me the comments Lin has made that Harden doesn't want a repeat of Linsanity.
    - Show me the bad chemistry between Harden and Lin.

And I only said sarcastically about the black people because you did not acknowledge that it was Dwight helping Lin up, just like in many occasions where Dwight has helped him up.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oSDHRCLdFsc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

At 6:47 when Lin got bumped at the Wizards game, it was Harden who was the first to check on Lin who was on the ground. He could've easily walked away.

And why would Harden still do the pre-game ritual with Lin and Parsons?

You've got no evidence at all about everything you've said. You have provided nothing that would make your stance valid.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Agreed.

12. Breaker

Breaker Member

There are many, many players as young or younger than Lin that plays more mature and consistent than him tho...

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

great that he's limiting his turnovers

14. Stats

Stats Member

Can someone do a stats evaluation of inconsistency? Comparing Lin to other PGs/players?

15. Little General

You don't live up to your name. lol

16. zdrav

zdrav Member

Keep in mind that PG is a position that takes a while to learn. Even blue chip prospects like John Wall have been maddeningly inconsistent. Ricky Rubio has been playing pro ball for years but still can't hit a jump shot or finish around the rim.

17. TheJet

TheJet Member

Wait, he's only aggressive if he has fan support in the arena? Don't get me wrong, home court crowds are awesome but I doubt Lin is that dependent on the folks in the stands.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

How do you define inconsistency?

19. team5

team5 Member

You can use the fluctuations.

20. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

So allaroundplayer and Linwantsout are the same person. Another LOFH who pretends to be a LOF got exposed.

Anyone who still thinks this Linwantsout or allaroundplayer or whatever stupid name that he wants to call himself is truly a Lin fan needs a brain check, and need one fast.

Can it be even more obvious by now that this turd has been registering different screen names to talk nonsense in order to make the Lin fans look bad? Just take a look at the posts of these screen names in the past. He has been trying to be as outrageous as possible, and he had been trying too hard.