1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lima Officially....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dreamshake, Aug 15, 2000.

1. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

Sucks. I hate to be so harsh on one of our own, but in the first inning of the Pitt game, Lima has given up 2 bombs, and recorded one out.

Did I mention that the first homer he gave up was to a player who had 1 all year long?

ARGHHHHH.

Please, No 100 loss season.

------------------
    "I have amazing, powers of observation"...Pink

2. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

Dreamshake,
    I agree with you. I mean I love Lima's personality but this ballpark is flat out kicking his ass.

The sad thing is that the Astros just resigned him to a 3 year contract last year. At this point I am sure the Astros would love to trade him. The only problem is that he needs to have a strong second half and increase his value. He is not doing that.

The depth of pitching in Major League Baseball sucks. So I would think that a team with a big pitchers park may take Lima. I think the perfect team for Lima would be the Detroit Tigers and Comerica Park. That is one nice pitchers park. The walls are so deep. I am not sure if the Tigers would want Lima back since they traded him to the Astros?

------------------
    Titan's fanatic!!!!

It was the first time the Titans sent an offense to the line of scrimmage with Eddie George in the backfield behind McNair to go with Wycheck at tight end and Carl Pickens, Kevin Dyson and Yancey Thigpen at wide receiver.

So many choices, with a full season still ahead.

"I think that might be scary for a defense," Dyson said.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Hey...look at this way...if the Astros continue their power hitting, it may not matter what Lima does. Then again, he can suck pretty bad so who knows? I hope we have another good offensive game. 30 runs in two games has got to be an Astros record. Bags just hit a home run ... woohoo!!!!

Update: Daryl Ward hit one, also! Woohoo!

Surf

------------------

[This message has been edited by Surfguy (edited August 15, 2000).]

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Is it true that the left field distance at Enron Field does not meet MLB Regulations? I heard the Astros had to get special permission to build it that close. Brilliant Idea [​IMG]

------------------
    "Hello! We're New Order. This is reading. You're the audience. Let's rock the ****ing house"

5. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

I got the Yankee-Rangers game on here. Justice just crushed a 2-run homer into the upper deck. 4-0 Yanks.

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

6. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

Im not hearing any excuses about it being the ball park anymore. Elarton doesnt seem to have a problem keeping the ball in play. Hes not a ground ball pitcher. Reynolds didnt have a problem keeping it in the park, and hes not a power pitcher. Lima just has nothing left. His fastball is weak at 88 MPH, and his changeup is belt high way too much.

But man cant we find any more time for ward. I think he just smashed his 18th dinger as a reserve player. He could bring that average up if he had the chance to get into a groove. Playing sparingly isnt going to bring it up for a young guy.

Im real positive on Baggs play of late, and to be honest with you Alou is still tearing up the ball. What does he have something like 24 dongs in like 80 or 90 games played. I say keep Alou, find some starting pitching and relief pitching next year, a healthy Cammy will make the Stros contenders once again.

------------------
    "I have amazing, powers of observation"...Pink

7. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

Smokey - I think your right and the Astros did have to get some kind of waiver to have the close left field fence.

What was the Astro's management thinking???

Or should I rephrase.

Was the Astro's management thinking???

[​IMG]

------------------
    Titan's fanatic!!!!

It was the first time the Titans sent an offense to the line of scrimmage with Eddie George in the backfield behind McNair to go with Wycheck at tight end and Carl Pickens, Kevin Dyson and Yancey Thigpen at wide receiver.

So many choices, with a full season still ahead.

"I think that might be scary for a defense," Dyson said.

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I thought it was a given that the Yanks ALWAYS lay down the hurt on the Rangers?

So, why bother? [​IMG]

------------------

9. dc sports

dc sports Member

Yes they did, but they raised the wall to keep the height/distance ratio.

------------------
    Stay Cool...

10. BobFinn*

True surf, true. [​IMG]

Does anyone think Todd Helton will hit .400 this year? He is 2 for 5 tonight and is at .395 now.

------------------

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Good job Lima!

------------------
    "I'll drop kick those f*ckin' dogs if they come anywhere near me."

visit www.swirve.com

12. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Even though Im not a big time baseball fan, I tend to keep up with the Astros. I just wanna know what the hell Lima was doing a few games back, when Alou had to hold him in the dugout. Lima was pissed and acted like he wanted to kick some ass. Later I found out that he was mad at Dierker for yanking him. Maybe its just me, but if some one gives up 4-5 runs in 3 innings they would get yanked too. I think his blond hair, and his stupid merengue music is messing him up.

------------------
    Fun Police Says:

1. Posting in stupid threads is not FUN!
    2. Spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure are not FUN!
    3. Stupid BBS names are not FUN!
    4. Conduct yourself in a FUN way!

The Fun Police are Watching.
    Vote for the Rockets & Have FUN or be Assimilated.

13. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

That is a misintepretation. Lima was mad at himself for not pitching better. He has never blamed the manager or the other players for his short-comings. He had a mental problem with the ballpark but I think he is over that now. He pitched well last night and got the win. I do not care how many HRs he gives up as long as we win.

------------------
    Houston Rockets Forever!!
    In Rudy We Trust

14. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Would you rather Lima led the NL in ERA and Strikeouts but finish the year 8 - 16?

Well, Nolan Ryan did it the year before he was released.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

15. BobFinn*

DREAMer,

That was not Nolan's fault. He got very little run support, as anyone could guess with his very low ERA.

------------------

16. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

BobFinn*,

I totally understand that it wasn't all Ryan.

I'm just trying to get across the point that personal stats don't mean a "hill of beans" unless there's W's attached to them.

Besides, The Ryan Express is my favorite pitcher of all times.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.
    DREAMer's Rocket Page