1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lillard vs Westbrook vs Curry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Honey Bear, Mar 8, 2016.

?

Most progress over next 5 years

1. Lill

30 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. Curr

55 vote(s)
    57.3%
  3. West

11 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

In the next 5 years, how do you see them measuring up individually..

Since the beginning of February, 15+games, Lillard is averaging 30 and 6. Shooting more FT's than anyone else. Explosive first step, does what he wants on the court.

26 ppg, 7 apg, 4.2 rpg on the season.

Curry is a huge beneficiary of the GS system. 3 pt records or not, he would not be considered an all time great on an ordinary team like Portland or New York. Think of guys like Joe Johnson and Amare after they left Phoenix. Or Nash.

Still averaging 30.7 and 6.5 on the season with percentages that excite the stats nerds off.

Westbrook is his own system. 24 ppg, 10.3 apg and 7.5 rpg on the season. You can criticize his percentages but likely the biggest X factor in the league after Draymond Green.

2. i3artow i3aller

Curry will age the most gracefully and Westbrook will have the steepest falloff once that otherworldly athleticism starts to decline.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Lollard doesn't belong in that conversation.

4. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Curry, Westbrook, Lillard.

Assuming no injuries, Curry is going to be good until he's 40, think Ray Allen, but better.

Westbrook is also just so good, it's hard to put WB under Curry, but Curry's shooting is just so game-breaking.

You say WB is his own system (you mean great ISO player), but the ability to shoot from 35 feet off the dribble efficiently is it's own system. Much easier to build a team around Curry's skillset than WBs.

Lillard is behind these two as far as talent, but that's more a reflection of how good the other guys are.

5. rocketshopeful

big question with Westbrook and to an extent Dame, is how will they fair as their athletic ability diminishes.

Will they have developed their game enough to account for that to still compete at a high level and outplay the younger quicker guards coming into the league?

They can do this a number of ways (improved craftiness, mid-range game, become more efficient passer).

But yes, tough between all three. I also keep thinking Curry's ankle issues will come back but so far he seems to have made it past that hurdle.

6. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

You seem to be rooting against curry in your description of him. Have you seen the Warriors this year without him? They look close to ordinary. Great players make ordinary teams great. Don't try to compare him to Joe Johnson. Ever.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

A not so cleverly disguised "Curry is just a system guy, not really special" thread.

8. johnto

johnto Member

Westbrook is so overrated

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lillard will improve the most but still never reach curry...if that makes sense. Westbrook I see declining after a couple more seasons

10. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Have you seen the Warriors without Draymond? Phoenix needed Nash, JJ, Marion and Amare to make them look great, and defense wasn't part of their philosophy. The Warriors need Curry, Draymond and Kay in addition to having the deepest roster in the league. You're watching too much ESPN and looking for an individual to glorify.

I enjoy the best players doing well. But you do run into situations where someone's talent is masked or amplified in different situations. Lillard has done wonders with a nothing team in addition to being much more assertive than either of these guys at 25. He's improving rapidly.

11. rocketshopeful

you are severely underrating CJ McCollum if you think it is a nothing team, but yes, not as talented as the warriors for sure.

12. BinBinRingRing

I wouldn't compare any player to Curry right now.

13. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I can't believe I'm toasting in a Honey Boo Boo roll bread, but do you really think the Warriors would be playing at this level if Lillard and Curry were switched? And would Curry not make the Blazers better in that scenario?

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Let's put Ty Lawson in the mix. In 5 years he'll be better than Curry's brother (his actual brother, not Klay). Never mind, that's probably doubtful... :(

I know it's not the garm, but you could put Harden on there, haha, he's pretty much the Rockets PG... Anyway Pen15clubber is exactly right (well at least how I'd see it too). Lillard will be great/improve the most but not reach Curry.

I think Curry is one of a kind, I thought he'd slowdown like all the other shooters before him, but he's pretty much a walking NBA Jam char... Must have 3pnt above 10 :) I mean as long as he bounces back from that garbage on Sunday, which I'd put money on that he will. I'd love GS to get the record and then lose in the playoffs, but I think they broke the NBA at least for this season... System player or not, he's hitting 3s at a ridiculous rate, I mean he's ****ing shooting 3s like the Rockets think they are (but actually making them).

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

PS I don't think Curry is playing like a system player, he's hitting shots that no one should take.

16. Exiled

Exiled Member

watch 2:43

17. Exiled

Exiled Member

[youtube]/-3let3A7TU4[/youtube]

18. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Curry unless he is injured. I presume he'll suffer another serious ankle injury in the next 5 years but surely don't wish it upon him.

Luckily I can't be wrong til this thread is forgotten.

19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Lillard isn't that young I think he's harden age or a year younger.

I think lillard can improve but I doubt he gets any better than what he is now. Which is not slouch he's been really good this season and especially since Allstar. With that said Portland and lillard are getting overrated in a sense. The media loves to do this they did it with harden his first year in Houston and Anthony Davis over the summer. When the Blazers fall back down to earth and play what there talent is than the haters will come out the woodwork.

WB is overrated period he doesn't impact winning imo and is the definition of stat ladder. I don't need to speak anymore on him. He's not going to age well at all and his decline will be simalar to Steve Francis and tmac once the body starts to fail him he's toast.

Curry is a stud he can play with anyone and any team and help. Is he Lebron were he can make any team a 50 win squad? Maybe but we don't know. He really didn't do much till he got a lot of talent around him but non the less he's the best player on the best team doing what he's supposed to be doing and thats worth somthing. You can't knock him because his team is so talented. He makes them great just as much as they make him great.

I like lillard a lot and actually think he's the type of pg that would pair up great with harden, LeBron or Durant. They need guys with his skil set. He can hit 3s attack the hoop and is a more than decent playmaker.

But the hyoe is getting out of hand. I would be shocked if 10 games from now there not the 8th seed behind the rockets. They have came back to earth and have lost 3/4 almost lost to the Wizards tonight and have GS next and some very hard games after that.

If the rockets can win out on this road trip they will head home to play Memphis in the 7th seed and maybe even the 6th. Dallas had been slipping a lot and has a very hard schedule coming up also. Not to mention they have been playing worse than Houston for a month now.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The narrative about Curry needing Draymond and co... I mean, it's fair, sure, but then you have Westbrook & Lillard who actually seem to play worse when they're paired with good players.

Westbrook cannibalizes Durant's game, couldn't start alongside Harden.

Lillard doesn't peak until they shed Aldridge, ditch Batum, and he's finally given a green light.

Give me the PG that thrives when fitting in and/or makes other players better, not the one that dominates the ball so much they tend to take away from their Texas Longhorn teammates.