1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lillard: "Real shot Anthony to Portland"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nook, Jul 19, 2017.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

[​IMG]

2. Newlin

Newlin Member

It wouldn't shock me either. If Melo has to pick between staying with the Knicks for two more years or playing in Portland, he could choose playing in Portland. Right now it looks like the Knicks and the Rockets are stuck with players they don't want.

However, Melo could make things very uncomfortable for the Knicks if he wanted to and throw a big public fit if he isn't traded to the Rockets. But, I really don't see him doing that at this point.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

The NBA blocking this deal makes zero sense. The Rockets being another team that could be a legit challenge for GS would only increase interest and drive up ratings. Toss that garbage conspiracy theory in the trash.

Ozzy, HakeemOnlyFan and Pen15clubber like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

I am in the minority, but the longer this plays out; the more likely chance Anthony is persuaded to go to a team like Portland.

Either the Rockets sweeten a third team to take Anderson by including assets/draft picks or the Rockets plan on Anthony not expanding his list and the Knicks dealing him.

Either way, the longer this drags on, the more opportunities for another team to get Anthony improves.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Oh, is that why the NBA announced that they were doing an awards show in June all the way back on November 1st? Do some research and think before u post.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nba-anno...?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&ref=gs

Richie_Rich, Ozzy, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I agree with this. Unfortunately RA is paid around $10 million/year too much so we can't get done what we need to get done. We need the Knicks to be stupid and give us an amazing deal. I'm not so sure they will.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Just shut up and don't say anything. I tried to express this point earlier to no avail. People will line up in drones to disagree with you.

(But I agree with you)

8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Tfor3 likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Probably because their defense would be horrendously bad at the 1-3.

10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Not just their defense but three guys who never pass. As much as Harden and CP3 control the ball they still keep their teammates involved. Biggest issue with Portland is CJ and Lillard just take turns going one on one. Melo does not help that

11. Drogba

Drogba Member

Starting to accept the League will do anything to make sure Melo doesn't come to Houston. Cuban & the Mavs for example wasted no time in bailing out the Warriors last offseason when they needed to offload Bogut but we've been paid dust by the entire League throughout this entire Melo saga.

I have a feeling Morey isn't well liked throughout the League.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I am not throwing away my shot
    I am not throwing away my shot
    Melo we're just like Houston
    We're young scrappy and fun
    And I'm not throwing away my shot

Pen15clubber likes this.
  13. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

So who takes Leonard's contract? We should offer to facilitate then back out at last minute.

Small part of me wants them to get him just so they find out they are not a top 3 team with him. They are absolutely delusional with how good they think their team is. At least we were 3rd in west and added CP3. They think being. 8th in west and adding melo makes them jump everyone... geez.

14. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

The king of fake news on clutch fans. I remember when you used to post homerish threads as Harden2Capella

You won't let that nba awards conspiracy go even though they announced It November 1.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sb...ostseason-major-trophies-mvp-defensive-player

You started a thread saying that Bob Myers was jealous of Morey even though Myers has 2 titles, arguably the GOAT team, the warriors beat the rockets twice in the playofffs, and Myers even won a title on the 1995 ucla team in college. Yet Myers is somehow jealous of Morey who has won 4 playoff series in 10 years as GM.

HakeemOnlyFan and justtxyank like this.
  15. Ranny

Ranny Member

Seriously, has there ever been another subject or player that has generated the proliferation of more threads on clutchfans than the #MeloDrama has in the last few days?

Its a pandemic now.

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy

17. theh

theh Member

.......? L

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dwightmare.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Lillard, CJ and Melo

That is like a super small 3

Reality is none of them will likely make the all star team in the West next year

Ozzy and True Rocket like this.
  20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Re-affirms yesterdays report that Knicks still committed to trading him to Rockets, that they haven't asked him to expand list of teams:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/carmelo-anthony-trail-blazers-players-pitch-article-1.3339714?utm_content=buffer1b82f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDNSports+Twitter

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.