1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Lillard better than Harden?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by digitallinh, May 9, 2016.

?

Who gets us more wins?

1. Harden

69.1%
  2. Lillard

30.9%
  1. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

So winning a series against an injury-ravaged Clippers in Round 1, then winning 1 (out of 3) games vs a Curry-less GS team makes Lillard better than Harden?????

[​IMG]

2. Zergling

Zergling Member

Quoting the OP verbatim: "Who else thinks if we switched Lillard for Harden, Rockets would have a better record?". The question you posed is not what OP asked.

Unless you're delusional enough to think that Lillard's "leadership" would somehow transform Brewer, Ariza, and others into great three point shooters, rejuvenate Dwight Howard on defense (which would require healing powers since his decline is a result of health), and raise JB Bickerstaff's IQ by about 100 points, I fail to see how Lillard's supreme leadership qualities increases the win total of this team.

I also have to laugh that people are still considering Dwight "elite". Like hooooly crap, do you guys watch games? Look at stats? Show me anything that suggests he's in elite company among centers.

The major issue with your argument is implying correlation between Lillard's leadership and Portland's win total without even acknowledging that Portland had superior talent and a better coaching staff. There's too many changed variables between the two teams to make such a claim. In terms of supporting cast, name me one player on the Rockets that rivals CJ McCollum's production.

3. jbasket

jbasket Member

Bruh, you missed me :(

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lill is more clutch but Harden should be better overall

5. Mr Chuck Norris

yeah this thread is perfect to find out who needs to be on ten ignore list. Hell the OP states he hopped on the Warriors bandwagon this year.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lillard was the one hitting the game winner and ending the series against us couple of years ago.

Parsons was so frustrated about this and signed with Cuban.

I thought you knew the story...

Lillard is pretty good in the playoffs

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Thread Title: Lillard better than Harden?

"Who else thinks if we switched Lillard for Harden, Rockets would have a better record?"

You seem to be implying that this is more about intangibles and that Lillard is just flat out better than Harden here.

I think Harden was better last year yes but so what? Not every season he's going to have a MVP caliber season that's a lot to ask of any player.

8. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Wow, Lillard is actually good.

9. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Harden better player easily, but I'd build arpund Lillard over Harden as Lillard has all the intangibles

10. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

I actually think that if Dwight and Lillard (or Harden) got along, Dwight would have put more effort in, and it trickles down.

If your two best players aren't on the same page, why should the role players even try? Everyone is just collecting checks at this point. So yes, I don't actually think its delusional to think that if we switched Lillard and Harden, despite Harden being the overall better basketball player that the rest of the team would have played better.

and let's be serious. Portland doesn't have superior talent, thats a joke. This is the same exact Rockets team that won 56 games the year before with Howard out half the year, except everyone bought in last year.

I can easily pose the same question to you. Name one player on Portland that rivals Howards production?

11. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

So i did a bit of googling, and found a decent article from an *.AU website comparing Harden and Lillard, intangibles et al

Worth a read, for those of you inclined to read.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/03/10/chemistry-class-damian-lillard-vs-james-harden/

12. eslate22

eslate22 Member

James... stick to basketball... what the hell kinda voice is that? props to dame... if he wasn't so good on the court he would have a record deal

13. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Pretty good in the playoffs, no doubt. But better player, I respectfully disagree.

14. Borneoman

Borneoman Member

Harden > Lillard
    Lillard + McCollums >> Harden + Bev

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Franchise player.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

took team with less further than Harden

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Thanks to a Paul-less, Blake-less Clippers.

Apparently Harden took an 8th seeded roster to the WCF last year.

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Would have taken lillard over harden any day. The guy is absolutely one of the most under rated players in the nba. Lillard may not be the best defender but at least the guy f'n tries. We booed mcgrady for the Toronto game. Harden does a Toronto game every freakin night and we cheer him on? Come on. What lillard is doing in Portland is absolutely amazing.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Making the 2nd round is amazing?

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It took Harden to sit on the bench and Josh Smith and Corey Brewer to rain some 3s.

Don't you remember Austin Rivers eating Harden's lunch and then mocking him the first 5 games?

A lot of you guys used the same rational as to why Harden should have been MVP last season. That he led a team with less than Curry (not even further like with Lillard) even though the warriors were better.

Harden maybe the better individual talent, and I used to think Dame had the worst defense in the league...but Harden's cancerous primadona chemistry killing attitude is going to run us to the ground.