1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Like this Thread if Clint Capela Ruined our Season.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theimpossibles1, May 11, 2019.

1. theimpossibles1

2. Mike Breen

Mike Breen Member

We need a downvote system to counteract blatant like farming like this :rolleyes:

3. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The capaela double double was solid and the block on green late in the game was huge but my hope is for capaela to play with more lateral speed.

Harden got that push off foul on green which stalled the offense then the bad pass to Thompson stalled the offense again.

On the final dragger three, Tucker trapped curry but Tucker should have known to close immediately to the Thompson but like cp3 said 'its tough'.

4. riko

riko Member

SEnd him and Eric to lakers for Lebron . Despite’s Lebron drama I’m willing to take it at this point because I just want to see the Rockets win

BallSoHarden likes this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Morey: signs Capela to a 5 year 90 million dollar contract.

Capela: [​IMG]

6. jowman

jowman Member

Lol glad you're willing to take on lebrons drama by dumping our scraps on lakers. You think magic is still there running the show? EGO is a good player and a positive but u attach capelas putrid contract and youll need to add more than gordon to get back something of value.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lakers only giving us Bron for Harden...people need to stop acting like our trash is actually valuable or coveted

Bron is under contract for 3 more years, and people think our scraps could get him here? Lakers got McGee for the min, why would they want Capela for 16 mil?

8. TheSource

TheSource Member

Capela was a symptom of the problem

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Really though, we just have to hope some team gets desperate. There's some dumb teams out there that may fall for a young center. His contract is pretty bad. Running it back looks really bad right about now.

Not really sure what else we could have done but resign clint and chris though. Not like we were going to lure Kawhi here or another elite player.

Not much to do but hope Clint gets better. If I were the Rockets I'm doing all I can to work on his shot. His value shoots up if he can drain like two threes a game. It's a lot to ask of him but again...he's 24, some guys come into the NBA at this age. I really don't see much value in him working on his post game, he wants to be a finesse player anyway smh.

10. jowman

jowman Member

It’s not his physical game that’s broken. Dude choked again and again. He may be broken forever. May never recover. Look for Clint to keep getting your hopes up only to play like a g league (insult to gleaguers) scrub in playoffs

11. RocketsFan2017

Harden needs lob threat to keep teams honest. Otherwise they'll just play for drive and he'll get hurt playing that way.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I know, but he's our guy, all we can hope for is that he grows from this and gets better. WE'll see.

Either he's content with his big payday or he's embarrassed of his play. We'll see how he responds.

Mentally he's weak. That's his biggest issue. It's not like he's without skills, he can black shots, rebound, and catch lobs...I mean that was before this series...mentally he's weak. For him to be an absolute 0 in this series tells us that he shrunk in the moment.

Sad thing is Clint was probably going to redeem himself if he played against one armed Kanter and no defense Jokic...The Warriors got him shook. We saw this guy outplay KAT a year ago and even play respectably against Goubert only to watch him get punked by Looney and dudes not even tall enough to look him in the eyes.

13. Buck Turgidson

GS scheme and personnel were a nightmare matchup for CC, until Durant went out.