1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Light Talk: Which Rocket should have a Show on 610

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Jan 16, 2004.

?

Which Rocket should have a weekly Call in Show?

1. Steve Francis

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  2. Cuttino Mobley

17 vote(s)
    24.6%
  3. Yao Ming

26 vote(s)
    37.7%
  4. Calvin Kato

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. Jim Jackson

9 vote(s)
    13.0%
  6. other off the Bench

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think one player needs a weekly show like
    McKinney and Carr has on 610

Which Rocket do you think has the charisma and personality
    to pull this off

[no not Calvin Murphy]

Rocket River

2. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Jeff Van Gundy - serious.....

Maybe we would get to call in and really find out what this guy is thinking

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

610 talks about the Rockets? Who woulda thought?

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

forreal

That is kind of the point

Rocket River
    we need a campaign or something

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Seriously

I think Cuttino should do
    1. I think he has a thick enough skin to not get to bother by it. [I worry about that with Francis and Ming]
    2. He probably WANTS it more
    3. He seems to be a generally happy guy

Rocket River

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Surprisingly enough...the player that seemed the most intelligent and made the most sense in the aftergame interviews I have seen is Cato.

Cat and SF seems to have trouble making sense and not constantly repeating themselves...out of the two...Cat would be my choice since he does seem to be a more upbeat guy..but he still would come third after Cato and JJ.

I would love to hear Yao do a segment...without Colin since I think he speaks much better English than alot give him credit for.

JVG would be funny since sometimes it seems like he loses his patience with listening to questions he thinks are stupid...I can hear now the sarcastic reponses he would give if someone called in with a question based purely in speculation that is critical of what he is doing...
    For an example of the kind of response I would expect see my sig..

7. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's the Air Bull segment on the Mark Vandermere show, now. Bull could do the show at night just as easy.

Shows with current players are boring.

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Unfortunately, he RARELY does radio. I don't think he cares for it much, particularly talking to callers.

As for my choice, Mo Taylor. Mo is the most outspoken guy to the media and his sense of humor is similar to Charles Barkley. He'd be entertaining for sure.

9. edc

edc Contributing Member

Steve did a show his rookie year, and hasn't looked back :)

Going strictly by the single hour he did with the morning show (6-7AM!), he isn't any good at it either. Considering the fact his public personae makes Les look like Trump, probably better to keep him as far away from the public as possible.

As to my choice, Boki. His English is good, he has a direct link to Yao, and wouid also talk UH ball during the slow moments ;)

10. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

How can Kelvin Cato NOT have a show already? The guy should have like, six of 'em.

11. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

exactly, i love hearing an outside perspective on the team. I liked kevin bass' take on the stros all season long. theres no shortage of ex-players here in houston that i wouldnt mind do the show, matt bullard, clyde drexler, rudy t (didnt he use to have a show a long time ago?), calvin ect...

12. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

should be.. cuttino (why?) because hes been with the rockets for than most of the players on the team and i like the way he elaborates when bill and calvin ask him questions on the game.. he should have his own air time :D

13. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Too bad about JVG, I think he must be scared he couldn't answer the questions....

This guy was a color commentator and he won't even talk much to the media....

Let's recruit some NY journalists to sick on him while we are transporting ever sports figure from there... ;)

14. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

EVERY sports figure :eek:

15. SHANGHAi

SHANGHAi Member

Steve Francis because I miss those shouts of "Yeah boy! Dats wut I'm talkin' bout!" ebonic language.

.... other than that, who better than the "leader" of the team?