1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's Talk Baylor Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by sammy, Dec 31, 2009.

1. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

All I have to say is WTF lace

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He can't play any worse against Texas. He needs to make up for playing like a tard tonight.

3. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

agreed after watching Lace play the last two years I can say that was by far the worst game I have ever seen him play. Two boneheaded plays that ultimately ended up costing us the game. The stupid foul on Pullen and then the Ariza like dribble through traffic prayer to tie the game. Tweety was feeling it, the ball should have been in his hands with a chance to create something off the dribble for a posssible layup or kick out for a shot to win the game with 3.
    I orginally thought Lace was going to try for a 3 which would have been much better than that crap he did. I think Drew should of kept AJ Walton in who had a great game off the bench tonight and really did a great job of breaking down K-States D and getting into the lane easily.
    Another thing when the hell did Pullen become such a good shooter from 3. Dear God he only missed like one 3 tonight and he was throwing up bombs well beyond the line. He was just on tonight and wasn't going to be stopped. Dennis Clemente is a little b**** and should have been T'd up at least twice in the second half.
    The one thing that ultimately killed us tonight would have to be our free-throw shooting we missed a lot more free throws than we usually do. Another thing that pissed me off was how horrible the officiating was. That one ref seemed like he had a grudge agaisnt Lomers, it was pathetic. I am hoping we rebound agaisnt Texas, we can't afford another slide in conference play like last year if we want to make the tourney

4. sammy

You covered everything that I was thinking about. Tweety should have had the ball at the end & free throw shooting needs to be improved to beat these highly ranked teams.

Pullins looked exactly like AJ Abrams out there. I guess it was the arm sleeve and the jumpers from NBA range. Rotations were late numerous times against him.

We really have to take care of business against unranked teams esp if we lose Saturday. At least, these games against #3 and #11 were super close. Should help in case we end up being a bubble team.

5. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Unfortunate loss for Baylor. Lost 2 out the last 3 with Texas looming. Not good...

I wasn't going to say anything until I read this:

"Hopefully Hank won't troll after this one. It would look really stupid since A&M lost to KSU by 23 points a couple of weeks ago."

Here's the thing...

We aren't very good this year, but if you're trying to find us, just take a look right above you in the Big 12 standings. That's where we're at right now. Funny, huh?

All kidding aside, I think Baylor has their most talented team ever. If you don't beat Texas though, all that might not count for much. Losing 4 out of 6 to start conference would be a real killer. It's the game of the year. I'd love to see Baylor win, although I don't think that they can.

Good luck the rest of the way. I'll check back from time to time.

-Hank the Cowdog

6. sammy

We'll see how long that lasts. The thing is that no one here hated on A&M until you came in talking nonsense. In fact, I was saddened by Roland's gruesome injury. I guess class is somethiing you never learned when you were in college in the 80s.

And please you were going to troll either way. You have to be most immature 40 year old poster on this board.

#86 sammy, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  7. Astro101

Astro101 Member

It's obvious he's a troll, I just don't like him coming in here after every loss. I'd rather talk about the game. Aren't there rules on this board for trolling anyway? Anything we can do about it?

8. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

LOL at Hank. The agroids got blasted in Stillwater tonight. What a d-bag.

9. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

Nice to see aggy give up with time left on the clock. Truly pathetic.

10. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Wow..ESPN has Ekpe going in the lottery.. If he stays projected that high I doubt he comes back..

11. Ryan Bowen MVP

Anyone else going to the game today? Judging by the sell-out, we may have a few people there!

12. sammy

How is this game not on TV? I'm really looking forward to the Youngstown State at Cleveland State game at 3 on ESPNU!!

13. Astro101

Astro101 Member

It says it's on Big 12 Network. Maybe on Ch 55 in Houston?

14. sammy

Yes you're right :)

I don't know how I missed it. I also searched by keyword and nothing came up for some reason.

15. Egghead

Egghead Member

what a great game

16. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

What a win..we better be ranked in both polls..

17. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

Hell yes. Almost makes up for K-St and CU.

18. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Congrats Bears!

You guys can play with anyone.

19. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Congrats to the Bears ... Finished off what my ags couldn't do in overtime.

Anyone watching Texas realizes they have some severe issues that have popped up since they became #1. Its going to be interesting to see if they can rebound over the rest of the season.

20. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Watching these types of games aren't good for my health.

But at least I'll be drinking to celebrate tonight instead of drowning my sorrows!